3 blessings

3 blessings

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bedtime Stories


One of my fondest memories of my Grandpa Spafford was his great bedtime stories. He would tell the greatest stories. I only remember bits and pieces of many of them, but one I remember very well. It was about a girl that when to a chocolate factory and eat to much chocolate and became a chocolate bar. She end up finding out that to much of something is not always good for us, she evenually turned back to herself after she discovered her lesson she needed to learn. Since I loved Chocolate I thought it was great. We lost my Grandpa when I was only 5 so I hold on to these simple memories and hold them dear to my heart. You might be wondering why I posted a picture of this particular book. Well, It's Kate's favorite bedtime story right now. It's Called "A Bad Cases of the Stripes" by David Shannon. It reminds me so much of the stories that my Grandpa use to tell me. You must check it out. It's about a girl who loves Lima Beans but is affraid to eat them because her friends will laugh at her, so she ends up turn all different shade of the rainbow, well I won't spoil the ending for you, you'll have to read it to find out for yourself what happens. Kate loves this story, I haven't been able to let me read her a different story for about a month now. I guess she takes after her mom and loves a great bedtime story.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sure looks like a fun story. Sierra is really big into reading right now too. I loved hearing your memory of your gpa.

Jill said...

You should try "Pickle Chiffon Pie" by Jolly Roger Bradfield. It was one of my favorites and has a lot of fun, imaginitive things.

Jennifer said...

We also liked to have reading time before anyone went to school or out and about for the day. We would read the Book of Mormon Stories (a fun book for kids) and then started into a series of books. One that comes to mind that ALL liked was Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The kids especially liked the kids sneaking out of the house on Sunday to try out a new sled and ending up scooping up a pig on the way down.

Family Reading is great fun. Good for you guys!! You are starting great memories.
Love ya, Mom
(using jens account)