


As you know we are expecting our 2nd child in a few weeks, so we have officially started our count down until baby brother arrives. I was trying to think of a way to help Kate grasp what was going to be happening; So Kate and I made a paper chain together to help her visually see when baby brother will be here. It's been really great, we've use it to learn a variety of things all at the same time. While we were making it we learned about color patterns and numbers/counting. Each day Kate counts how many rings are left on the chain, we sign and say the numbers. If you ask Kate she will tell you that everyday we take one off and when we get to the top baby brother will be boring, yes instead of born she says boring, don't ask me I don't know why. She says it's brothers birthday. I think sometimes the paper chain is there more for me then for her. It makes me really see and visualize how soon this new little one is coming into the world. I am excited, nervous and stressed all wrapped into one. It's good, I'm excited to not be pregnant anymore and feel more like myself.
2 comments:
YAY!
That's a really neat idea! ANd it's great that she's learning so much more than just when baby brother is going to be "boring" :).
Post a Comment