3 blessings

3 blessings

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well it's been a little less than a week at home with Caleb and it seems to be going pretty good. It's been great to have extra help from family. I seem to be healing and getting around a little better everyday. I did my first trial run of taking care of Caleb by myself at night, with my mom just down stairs to assist me if I needed it. I have to do the feeding and changing at night alone because Jerry works the night shift, so I wanted to make sure I had it down while I still had help available to me. It went well, Caleb seem to be eating every 3 hours instead of every 2 like Kate; which is nice, it gives me a little more sleep time in between feedings. We had a good night, I was a little more sore when I got up this morning because I had to do a little extra than I had the nights before. Kate seem to be really liking Caleb, she came in our room this morning and said "Hi mom, how's the baby doing?, ooh he's so cute!" It's good to see her adjusting to the new changes in our house. Thank you to everyone who had us in their prayers for me and my family. I felt all your prayers and it truly made all the difference with my surgery and my healing progress. Thank you all so much.

3 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

what a sweet little family! those are lovely pictures of kate loving on her new baby brother. what a good sister she is. love you guys!

Angie said...

I'm glad to hear you're healing well and sleeping more than you did with Kate. It's fun to see all those pictures. Are those blisters on Caleb's feet?

Nilla said...

I'm so glad you are healing quickly! And that you feel confident that you will be able to take care of Caleb while Jerry's working. That's such a relief for you, I know :).