3 blessings

3 blessings

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Enjoying the Journey

Have you ever had one of those days where you try to attempt to accomplish the things you need to get done, but the day has something else planned for you. Today I look at my house and saw laundry that needs to be folded and dishes to be done, and vacuuming too. I know it will only take me a good hour or so to really get the job done, but my kids had other plans for me today. Caleb has acid reflux and was fussy and wanted to be held continuously and Kate just needed some extra love and affection. She was crying all day for no real reason. I didn't do much today to someone looking from the outside, but I held a cute baby until he felt better, I played games with my 2 years old and shared some smiles and some laughs. I sat together to watch Kate's favorite movie, and we say her favorite song, "I'm a Child of God". I read somewhere to try to enjoy the time and the moments you have with you kids and not just try to get the daily tasks done. Feed kid breakfast, lunch, dinner, check that off my list, story time, check,getting them to take a nap, check, giving them a bath, check say prayers etc. So when I have had a hard time accomplishing what I needed to get done, I try to look at what I have done that day, and I realize I actually did a whole lot more than I thought I did. After all there is always tomorrow to get the chores done and your kids are only little for a while. I feel a little better just writing this down, I really did enjoy the journey today!

4 comments:

Jenny G. said...

Good for you Kristy!! What a cute mommy you are! For me it is so hard to sit down and do those things with the kids. Thank you for reminding me of what is truly important!!

the happy thomas family said...

good for you... glad that i am not the only one having this issue right now (constantly is more the word)... the journey - your time well spent - is the most important, and precious. the other things seem to lose their importance after a sweet day with your family. love you...

"R" Team said...

Amen. Juggling two can be a bit more difficult especially when the older one is getting used to a sibling. I have tried to take 15 min. each day with Connor and just have mommy time when Braden is asleep and won't interrupt us. Some days are just wild and unproductive in the cleaning sense. I would also rather have a happy family and a slightly messy house. :)

spmott said...

Enjoying the journey . . . its what life is all about. . . learn that early and the rest of the journey will be a joy . . . What a great Mom you are . . . these are the days you will remember most. Love, Mom