The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Revisiting my New Year's Resolution
Yesterday was Family Night, I actually remembered this time. Every Monday we try to spend time together as a family by starting with a prayer, sing songs, reading scriptures and doing some type of activity, and maybe even a treat at the end. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to be consistent and try to have it every Monday at 5:30, well having a baby kind of through me off a little. So I decided to pick it up and do a little better now that we are starting to get into a little more of a routine with Caleb. Yesterday we had Kate pick a story out of her Book of Mormon, she really enjoys listening to the stories. We then Sang "I'm a Child of God" and did the Sign Language that goes with it. That's Kate's favorite song, see play list to listen to it, if you are unfamiliar with it. We then took a nice walk, the weather was actually really nice, then we had some sherbet ice cream when we got home. I love the time we spend together as a family it truly brings us closer together, and helps me remember the important things in life. I really want to be better and when I set a goal for myself for those of you who know me well, know I really try to do all I can to accomplish it. So let just call it a mid year resolution, if there is such a thing. Kate's goal was to be potty trained before Caleb arrive, she accomplished that. Jerry's was to get in shape, he is continually working on it. So far everyone is doing well, except for me, I better step it up. I'm ready to do better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment