3 blessings

3 blessings

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fake smiles , Frustration and Total Inspiration!





Today was such a bad day for taking pictures. My Husband was right, yes I will say it again, Jerry was right. I should have just gone to the park taken a picture of Kate for her three year old picture and called it good. No no stubborn me has to go try to get one done, the only place that you can go around here is the lovely Wal-mart (not really) or Sears. You can spent less money at wal-mart or empty out your bank account with Sears. So I went to Wal-mart, big mistake. Let just say when you walk in and the Photographer is complaining to her co-worker about her job, you should turn around and run. I should have know it was not going to go well. Let just say Kate's at that age where she likes to do that Fake smile, not her natural smile we all know and love. So that meant you had to work a little harder to get her to smile the right way, the lady was not even tying to work with Kate. I told her what I wanted one with Kate ,one with Kate and Caleb and ,one with Caleb by himself. I also had a change of clothes. She didn't let me change her clothes and Kate would not look directly into the camera, so all of her naturally smiling shots she isn't looking at the camera and the fake smiles she look straight at the camera, I just can't win. I just really wanted to get a nice official/with a cute background/ 3 year old picture to put on my wall of Kate. I guess you get what you pay for. So determined me set out to go straight to the park and take some more pictures, knowing I could probably get a better one. Kate was still being difficult so I only got a couple. This experience though very frustrating has truly inspired me to develop my talent of taking pictures. I love taking pictures. I almost had the same camera the photographer had, all she had going for her was some cute backdrops. I've decided that since I have the this nice camera we bought for Christmas and Jerry just bought a longer lens, Nothing can stop me from taking a good picture. I just have to work on how to take a good picture and take pictures I like. I can go and make my own backdrops. So I guess a good thing did come out of bad situation. I'll will still get professional family pictures taken, but for now I think I'm going to try to develop a new talent and try to utilize this nice equipment. It's a whole lot of camera, I need to try and understand. Jerry's family is really good at taking pictures, all his sisters and brother seem to have a real eye for a good picture, I need to get some ideas from them. So in the end Caleb got to hot and fussy and Kate didn't want to look in the camera when we got to the park so I'll still post "my attempt to get a better shot" photos which did turn out all that much better due to my children not having a very good picture day.

8 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

good for you! that is the reason that i take all of ammon's pictures. i don't think that i could deal with that. in fact, i know i wouldn't deal well with it at all. i think that when you take the photo yourself you also have more pride in it - are more proud of it - it's something that you like. be grateful that you have a nice park to create a nice backdrop... we have to travel!

the happy thomas family said...

also - as far as developing your talent goes, practice does make perfect. any camera can take a good picture. anyone can take a good picture with practice. and i am a true believer that it doesn't matter what the picture looks like (lighting, composition, etc.), as long as you are happy with it. some of my favorite pictures are really crappy quality wise, but they convey the mood, memory and feeling that i want to preserve.

by the way, i love the photos you posted of kate and caleb. i think they turned out lovely. a good note to end a rotten day on... remembering those sweet faces. keep it up!

Mitchell4 said...

awe cute pictures Kristy.
Sorry to hear that Walmarts photography was such a dissapointment. It can be so frustrating. The pictures that are posted are so nice. Oh and by the way...It was great chatting with you the other night.

Nilla said...

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Wal-Mart. But if you took those pictures up top... You did an awesome job! I say you should keep taking them. They look great!

Bryan Rasmussen said...

I think that the pictures you took at the park look great! Caleb is getting so big. Can't wait to see you guys on Thanksgiving.

Jill said...

They're lookin good. email me if you have any questions with photography.

Mom said...

Wow!! Kristy!! Great Pix!! You have a talent. I love that you are getting better.
Love Mom

Angie said...

I think the pictures you posted are really great. Who needs Walmart, anyway?