3 blessings

3 blessings

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blessings, Babysitting and Babies

This weekend I had a wonderful chance to watch my friends kids while she was in the hospital having their brother. Jerry and I had a lot of fun watching and helping our Friends Erica and Vince. It was kinda of new experience going from getting two children ready for Church to five. It was kind of nice to have a sneak peek if you will of what it would be like to have a little bit of a bigger family then we do now. It was really fun. The Kids were really great and I'm glad I was able to be there for them to help them. On Sunday we took the kids to see their mommy and new baby brother Ashton. I always cherished and hold dear to my heart the feeling I get when I walk into a hospital room where a new baby has been born. The spirit is so strong and Heaven seems not so far away. That peaceful, quite, joy. The site of a newborn baby makes me feel closer to my Heavenly Father. I feel it more so with my own children but I still feel it just as much with my close friends and family. I often have the words to Kate favorite song come to my mind.

"I am a child of God and He has sent me hear, has given me an earth home with parents kind and dear, Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me, Help me find the way, Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday"

That give me goose bumps every time. We are so very excited for baby Ashton to be here and we are even more excited to get to know him. He is a beautiful boy!
P.S. I would normally post a picture of Ashton, but I wanted to leave that to his parents to announce their new little one into the world. It's their good news to share not mine.

1 comment:

the happy thomas family said...

there is no doubt that a new baby brings such a sweet spirit with it. i feel closer to my heavenly father, too. see you soon!