The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Monday, September 1, 2008
Lesson Learned!!!
Lately the last month or so I have been wanting to do something different with my hair. I didn't want anything to drastic Maybe a trim and some highlights or something. Well I thought that if I relaxed my hair not straighten it, I could maybe change my bangs, and have them swoop across my forehead instead of those dreaded bangs I so don't like anymore. Well, I was super nervous, as I always am because literally every time I go get my hair done something always goes wrong. Lets just say that when I came in to the salon the Head salon manager had to come out to assist the lady who was doing my hair. Not a good sign, I should have got up and started running out the door, but no I decided to see what they could do. They took a long time in the back room talking this over how to do my hair. Come to find out later this was the lady's first time straightening someones hair, so not a time for me to be a Ginnie pig. I told the lady I wanted just a little looser, NOT STRAIGHT. Well my childhood came all rushing back to me, I remember my mom would take us to the beauty college to get our hair done. If you not familiar with how it works, at the schools the beauticians/hair stylist have to have their work inspected and they are mentored and talked through different procedures. That's exactly what happened on Friday, every person in the Salon was either watching me or asking questions on how to do things. That was sign number 2 that I should have realized that this wasn't going to be good. So I get done and the lady says you still have some curl left, as she is saying this it looks bone straight and she is attempting to curl my hair with a curling iron. Now I have to say that is ironic, why would I want to straighten my hair just to curl it with a curling iron. You could tell that they knew they messed up my hair and didn't want to admit it. The manager said to me oh yeah I see some curl in it, I quickly paid for my bad hair job and walk quickly out to the car so no one would see me crying. I wanted a change not something worse then what I already deal with. This is where I tell you I've learned my lesson, I have straighten my hair many time through out my life and it never works, its half straight/half curly the next day. The last time I tried this was about 10 years ago, well I don't think I will be doing this again any more in my life time. I have just come to terms with the fact that the Lord gave me curly hair and he wants me to keep it that way. The older I have gotten the more I am OK with my hair and how curly it is. I think I just had a momentary laps and forgot that I'm not meant to have straight hair and that's o.k. Jerry was so nice he said it looks nice, but I know he likes my curly hair better, that one of the reason he thought I was so cute when we were dating. He said why didn't you just get some Highlights and a trim. I should have taken his suggestion. At church on Sunday I had a lot of people asking me what's different about you, or I don't recognize you without your curly hair and I really like you curls, which is code for I like your hair better curly. So in the end Lesson learned do not straighten hair again. I would post a picture but it looks so bad today it's have frizzy/straight, I don't think I could bare to show you at this point, it's too embarrassing. I guess I will be living with lots of bad hair days for about a month or two, so not fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Curly Girl hair care book. It's a must and helps you love your curly hair. My sister Anna introduced me to it. =]
so sorry... that sounds like what i go through every time i get my hair cut. only mine IS straight as a bone and doesn't do anything. it looks terrible for at least 2 weeks after i get it cut. we'll see how it goes for me wednesday. you and i will just sit together at church on sunday with our ratty hair...
i'm sure it looks fine, though. it will just take some getting used to. like i've always been told, it will grow back (or go back to normal). the waiting is a killer, though...
Ugh, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully it will fix itself soon so you feel better about it :).
Aw, man! It's so frustrating not to be able to trust another person with your hair. I'm sorry. Grr.
HA HA! That's like me trying perms. They never look the greatest, and go flat really quickly. But if you didn't like it you should have said so and not paid for it. Otherwise how will they ever learn from their mistakes if they don't really know how much of one they made?
Post a Comment