3 blessings

3 blessings

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Caleb is now 5 months old, hard to believe I know. He is really a sweet boy. He is almost sitting up, he does the slouch and rolls over to his side. He will be getting the hang of it very soon I think. Kate loves to sing you are my sunshine to Caleb, we have now found out that it's is favorite song right now. If you sing it to him he will instantly calm down and stop crying. Caleb still loves to be swaddled in his blaket, that the other thing that helps calm him down when he is fussy. He still has his sweet little baby cry, that sound like a little baby owl. He is really starting to reach and hold on to things really well. When his binky falls out, if it's near by his face he can place it back in his mouth. He likes to laugh and smile at anyone who will give him any kind of attention. He just figured out two nights ago how to vibrate his lips together and blowing out, spitting everywhere of course. He likes the feel and sound of it I guess. I think he might be on the verge of teeth, yeah, not really. He had so much fun doing that with his lips, last night he did it for an hour and a half straight and wouldn't go back to sleep after I nursed him. Usually after I feed him he goes straight to sleep, not last night. Caleb has gotten a little better with his reflux problem. He still spits up every time you burb him, just not as much. I'll take any kind of improvement in that area at this point. We were able to splurge on Caleb this weekend and we got him a jumper/saucer combo, he loves it. Thanks for the recommendation Stacy, it's super cute and Caleb loves to look at himself in the mirror and move the frog toy around and around. It was nice to be able to get something new, toy wise just for Caleb. Something to call his own that big sister Kate hasn't already played with. He's going to have to share a lot of things, so it was nice that Jerry let me get this for Caleb. I'll post a picture later. I can't really think of anything else, other than the last time the weight him at the doctors he was 16 pounds, and that was 3 weeks ago, that may have changed. Caleb is really doing well and growing big and strong. I took pictures of both Kids this time, Kate feels left out each month I try to take Caleb's picture, so instead of fighting that battle I just included her as well. The pictures turned out pretty good of the both of them together. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Adorable pictures!!! Caleb is a cutie! And Kate is beautiful. And the Renaissance Fair looks like it was fun! Awesome pic of all of you on the elephant!

the happy thomas family said...

great photos, kristy. you are really doing a great job!