The last couple of days I told Jerry I want to have an adventure, lets go and do something. So if was perfect when Aunt Karen called us the next day and said you should come up and visit us and go to the Renaissance Festival again. Well, Jerry said I don't know, and then later that night around 1:00 in the morning he called from work and said get stuff ready for the kids we are going to North Carolina to visit Aunt Karen. Talk about really late notice, it ended up being better for me because if I have to much time to think about packing I usually over pack. I packed just right for this trip. It was really great because the kids slept during the night, I only had to feed Caleb a few times and that was about it. We got there at 12:00 it only took us about 8 and 1/2 hours, it's normally only about 7 but with Kids and oh yeah Jerry forgot about the dog so she had to come with us. Sadie our dog actually did really great and it wasn't much of a hassle at all to take her.
We had such a great time. The weather was perfect, Aunt Karen Met us at the gate to welcome us and take Sadie back to her Camper for the day. Kate was having a great time right from the start. She got to pick out her own Princess Purple Hat and Wand. We ended up getting Caleb his own Prince hat, with my short notice packing I forgot the hat. The sun was really bright out and he need something to cover his head. It ended up perfect, he looked so cute, many people at the festival would stop and point and say look at that cute baby it the Hat, and ask us where we got it. Who knew a little hat on a baby would get so much attention. It was interesting this trip to the Festival, because last time it was just Jerry and I. This year we have our two kids. When it was just Jerry and I we went to all the skits and little shows and the shopping booths. This time we went on all the rides and got marshmallow shooters, Hats and watched the Jousting. I had fun both times, but more so this time. We had fun participating in all the festivals activities. If you ask Kate she will tell you her favorite part was doing back flips on the Pirates rigging. She did it three times, she had trouble the first time it took her the whole time to figure it out. When she finally did it the whole crowd cheered for her. The next time she did 15 back flips she was smiling and laughing so much. I don't know who was more fun to watch Kate or her daddy with is big proud,laughing grin on his face. He was so excited to watch her do all those back flips. Alot of people asked me how old she was and couldn't believe she was only 3 years old. They thought she was really brave. They also asked me if she took Gymnastic and I said no, put it has crossed my mind that we should enroll her. One lady was telling her son who was about seven to do something beside jump, I want to get my moneys worth, look at that little girls she's flipping. Everyone kept looking up at Kate and was saying how little that girl was doing all those flips. We had to do it three times because she wanted to show Jess, Aunt Karen, and Uncle Randy what she could do. It was fun to walk around with Karen and Randy and look at all the people dressed up. The Patrons often times came up to Kate and would say what a pretty princess she was. She would see them curtsee so she would get out of the stroller and curtsee back. Someone showed her a magic trick, where here jewel disappeared and came out her Ear, right after he left she tried it on Daddy. It was great to see her having a great time. She practically had Aunt Karen Laugh on the ground, literally with some of the funny things she would say and do. Aunt Karen said " You can't take this one home, she so funny". This was right up Kate's alley with all the Kings and Queens and fairies. She is really into all of that stuff so the timing was perfect. We all really enjoy riding the elephant together. We got some great pictures of it. The whole environment just seem to take you back in time. It was really fun to see all the people dressed up. Caleb did really well, he had a fun time riding in the sling and in his Chariot as the partrons would call it. We then went to Karen's to sleep and we went back to the Festival for a whole other day. It was great because you could really take you time and feel like you saw everything. We then went back to Karen's and talked with John and his girlfriend Beth, she really great. It was great to meet her and visit with John. We weren't sure whether we wanted to drive home that night during the night again or not. We end up driving at night anyways, because we decided we would make better time, that way and we would have a day to rest from traveling when we got back. The trip home was good, we where able to travel in safety and no accidents along the way. So I got my adventure and I'm so grateful Aunt Karen called us to come up to the Festival, it was really a great idea and we all as a family had a wonderful time. Thanks Aunt Karen!!
4 comments:
we heard that you guys had gone out of town... it is always nice to get away and see something besides home! renaissance festivals are always fun. glad you guys had a good time! call me...
What a awesome weekend. Elephant ride, fairies, flying thru the air ... Kate looks like she's in Heaven. Caleb is such a handsome prince. The weather looked perfect. We are thrilled that you guys were able to see family,have a change of scenery, and got home safe.
Wow!!! Way GREAT pix, kristy!! You are getting great at that too. I noticed that instead of biting your nails--you are now quickly taking pix. This is a change for you. Looks like you might survive Jerry after all. It looks like Kate will follow in her Daddy's footsteps. (Hopefully not as dangerously) (no bombs Kate)
I'm so glad you got away and had a great time. Thanks for the pix and the updates. Sure wish I could have seen the back flips.
Love ya,
mom
What a fun trip....looks like a lot of fun...Caleb is too cute and Kate is a "HAM". You should get her in gymnastics....Do I see a Gold Medal in her future??
Love you guys:)
Post a Comment