3 blessings

3 blessings

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

It was such a great day, it was so busy I didn't get a chance to write a few things I am thankful for. My mind this year has really gone back and pondered on what President Thomas S. Monson (Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), in his last talk he talked about Finding Joy in the Journey. He said quote..

"Our realization of what is most important in life goes hand in hand with gratitude for our blessings...Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey; and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows( Nov. Ensign 2008)."

I really am grateful for each day I am given, I am thankful for my family, friends, my good health. I am also so grateful for the chance to be a stay at home mom, it is truly a blessing. I am so thankful for all the blessings the Lord has given me!

We truly has a wonderful time this year. We traveled as a family to Jennifer's house in Bella Vista, Arkansas. I have to say I was worried at first whether we were going even make it there. Let just say on the trip out we had one diaper blow out, two throw up/vomit clean ups because Kate got car sick, a husband that had a tickle in the back of his throat that made him cough all 12 hours and oh yeah my dog, and her lovely farting aroma. It was the worst 12 hours, I mean 15 hours after, all the stops, road trip in my life. We finally made it there and we really had a great time. Thank you so much Stephanie and Mike for letting us stay at your place while we were visiting, it was so nice of you, we really appreciated it. Kate loved their dogs, she really was in heaven. Kate also had a great time playing with her cousins Ivy, Peter, Mia, and Sierra.
I got introduced to Guitar Hero the video game, I was terrible at first, but got a little better the more I played, it was so much fun. Bryan, Jerry's brother is so good at it, I was very impressed. We also got to see my niece Sierra get baptized and also celebrate my other nieces first Birthday. So it was a really pack weekend but it was so much fun. The Kids and all the spouses went to the Bat caves and took pictures, Jerry will have to post those later. They really like crawling all around and looking at all the bats in the cave. I thought Kate might be nervous, but they said she wasn't. The only bummer is I miss seeing our new nephew Preston by 4 days, I hope to see him soon. Thank you so much Jennifer for inviting us to Thanksgiving and letting us celebrate all the wonderful milestones with your children. I have so much to be thankful for. We had a better trip home, we opted to travel during the night while the kids were asleep, it was so much better. Only down fall is I'm so tired and Jerry has to sleep to be able to go to work tonight, so I have to try and some how get through the rest of this day on less than 4 hours of sleep. Taking care of two kids, one that's teething. Then in about 4 days I get to pack back up and go on a plane to Utah. Not much rest, but I'm still glad we made the trip to Arkansas it was so worth it.

1 comment:

Mitchell4 said...

We are thrilled to hear that the trip went well even though you had a rough start. We look forward to seeing pictures.

If I don't get to talk to you before you leave. Have a great time in Utah and have a very Merry Christmas.