The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Time for myself
I took some time for myself today. I was able to sleep in until 8:00 this morning, some of you may think that's not sleeping in, but for a mom of two small children that really is sleeping in. Thanks to Jerry staying up with Kate. So for the first time in a long time I was able to watch from start to finish a whole movie without interruptions or falling asleep. I usually take a nap when the kids take a nap, because I'm still nursing Caleb at night about 2 times a night, so I still haven't had a full night sleep for 5 months. So when you get the chance to take a nap you take it. I often time want to do something else during what I call my break for the day but I'm always so tired, but since I got to sleep in a little I didn't have to make up for lost sleep and was able to just sit, watch a movie and relax. My household routine I have started is going well. It really has freed me and makes me feel like it's OK to stop and watch a movie etc without the guilt of having to feel like I should be cleaning all the time all day long. So what movie did I watch you maybe asking yourselves, I watch P.S. I love you, a totally make you have a good cry chic flick. It doesn't help that the main characters husband's name is Jerry. It has been so long for me, I really haven't sat down to watch a movie in it's entirety in so long, it felt kind of nice. Now I'm really for the rest of the day, bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
isn't it nice to have a good cry? i needed one today, but didn't have to pop in a movie, as i have had reason to just do it without provocation. glad you were able to take some time for yourself! enjoyed our talk yesterday, by the way. keep your head up and keep saying, "it is worth it!". love you!
I think that it's great that you were able to squeeze in a whole movie and that new routine is working out well. I agree with HappyThomasFamily that it's great that you could have some well deserved you time.
I love P.S. I Love You. It is such a great movie and such a chick flick. It's at the top of my list with Hope Floats and The Notebook.
Good Job on finding some "me" time. I know its hard for a lot of Mom's.
Post a Comment