3 blessings

3 blessings

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Caleb's 1st Birthday!


Today Caleb Jerry Rasmussen turned one years old today. Wow time has flown by. We had a very fun family party for are little guy. He loved eating his cake and opening his presents, well he liked eating the paper. Caleb favorite toy was his lighting Mcqueen car that he can walk and ride. Caleb is such a sweet boy. He took four steps all on his own today, what a great day to start walking . I'm sure he will be running soon. I had fun as always making Caleb his birthday cake. Jerry pick out the soccer ball theme, that was fine because it was way easy to make. We had a great time opening presents and eating yummy cake. We sure do miss family at these special times but know they are thinking about us. We were able to but the web cam on and have Jerry's parents watch us open presents and eat cake. Gotta love technology, it was nice to have them see Caleb on his birthday. I wish others were able to watch but it was kind of a bad time of day, we had to do our celebrating before Jerry went to work at 1:30. That was fine with me, I am just worn out. It took alot to get everything ready, being tired and sick. I was glad I was able to have enough energy to make it a good day for Caleb. Caleb loved watching daddy blow up all the ballons, that's his job on birthdays. Big sister Kate help blow out the candle and help Caleb unwrap some of the presents. She had troubles with it being Caleb's day, she was really wanting extra attention. She said how long is Caleb's day. I said just for today, and then she said is it my birthday next, I said yes. Kate has done really well having a little brother around, except for maybe today, I can't complain, thats not to bad. It's hard being three and it not being your birthday. All in all it was a great Birthday. Caleb is such a blessing in our lives, he is growing healthy and strong and learning everyday. We love you Caleb and Happy 1st Birthday

3 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

Happy Birthday Caleb. Fun presents and great job on the cake Kristy.

the happy thomas family said...

Happy belated birthday, Caleb. We love you and hope you had a fun day!

the happy thomas family said...

is it the same lightening mcqueen that ammon has? if so... you're in for a treat :).