The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Expecting the Unexpected
Most of my family knows already, but for all others, it's true from the title, I'm pregnant with my 3rd child. It was very unexpected. I'm going to try to be very honest with my feelings here, so bare with me. I actually cried for a week, I wasn't sure what to think or do about my new news. It's much closer than we hand planned for the next one to come. Caleb and this next little one will be 20 months apart , which for me is very close in age. I like the age difference with Kate and Caleb, I can handle that. After the initial shock of my news, I am now very excited. It's kind of strange how the Lord sort of gives you a heads up or a warning of things to come. It was very suttle this time, I don't think I was paying attention to well. A couple of weeks before I found out, Kate asked me do you have a baby in there, and I said do you know something I don't know. At the time it was depressing because I was still trying hard to loose the baby weight from Caleb. I didn't think much of it, then we were all walking at the park and the rest of the family had run ahead of me. I had time to ponder a little, which is rare as a busy mom of two now a days. I had a thought of what about another baby, you could handle it right. I quickly squashed that thought and move on, little did I know it was the Lord giving me a little head up of things to come. It's interesting how the Lord works sometime. I know without a doubt that this little one is suppose to be here at this time. There is also some personal aspects that I understand now that I will keep to myself. It takes me along time to get pregnant, the doctor says that's due to me having a tilted uterus, it sometimes can take longer to conceive. Well, that was not the case in this situation, and also the numbers don't add up. All you ladies out there know what I mean, ovulation dates, and the day you start things like that. I know without a doubt this little one is suppose to be here, even if I am not the most prepared or ready for it. I find comfort in knowing that the Lord will never give you more than you can handle. I am very excited to find out what it will be a boy or a girl, I doesn't really matter since I already have one of each. I am once again terribly sick with this child as well. I'm just not lucky in the morning sickness department. I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me yet another nausea medicine to try. I was highly doubtful it would either make things worse or knock me out so I could take care of my two kids. He said this is the best stuff out there and It will not make you sleepy. Well I took it this morning and it seem to be working better than past medicines. I don't know sometimes I think it's better to just deal with the morning sickness stuff. Well the doctor gave me a due date of December 5th, but due to me having to have a c-sections said it most likely with be right after Thanksgiving sometime. They like to take c-section patients a week before there due date. Well there is my news I have been trying so hard not to tell. It's been difficult to teach singing time at church without not letting everyone see how sick I really did feel. Now I can just relax a little, and not try to act like I'm not sick, what a relief. Well there you have it I'm pregnant and I'm 9 1/2 weeks along!! Yeah we are all very excited and Kate can't hardly wait to have a new little sibling. She is already picking out names, to cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
congratulations, again! we love you guys and can't wait to meet this new little bean that will make the rasmussen troop a quintet!
remember to give me a call if you need anything. i can come to you. love you!
Congrats...Its not always easy having three, but it is so worth it :) You will do great.
december 5th... even if you have him/her a week early his/her and ammon's birthday will be close!
Congrats Kristy! You and Jerry will do great. If it makes you feel any better... Brian and I are 13 months apart and our Parent's survived it.
I also heard a study recently that said that having morning sickness mean a healthier pregnancy.
Congrats again!!!
Oh Kristy, congratulations!! But I also know how you felt. We cried too. But we are also living proof that it will all work out & now it's wonderful. We need to do a playdate when you're up to it. I'll supply the chocolate. =]
oh my gosh how exciting! i am so happy for you guys, even though it was a shock! our babies will be close in age like within weeks! hope you start feeling better!
Wow That's great news. Congratulations!! We are sooo happy for you. How did you tell Jerry? and Kate? Babies are such sweet blessings. That's wonderful that the nausea meds seem to be working. Best Wishes.
YAY! Congrats. I am so glad that you were honest in your post, because I know that you are right in what the Lord knows what you can handle. Best of Luck getting over your morning sickness.
Congrats. That's crazy. Now it feels like I've known you for a long time, because when I first met you, you were just announcing you were pregnant with Caleb, I think. Has that much time really passed since I moved to (and then from) Alabama? Wow!
Good luck with the morning sickness.
I like how you're counting it all as a blessing and already seeing the Lord's hand in the experience. You are really, really good at that.
Congrats cuz! Wow how crazy to be surprised like that. Mine were always planned out to a T! I am due on July 28th, and I am like you, my 1st two are 3yrs apart and that was good, but my last two will be exactly 24mos apart and I am nervous! We all get through it somehow, right? Hang in there w/the morning sickness, I was sooo sick and at 13wks it disappeared!
Congratulations, I am very happy for you. Take care
love,Josy
We are thinking Alex but not sure. Thats funny about the july bdays...Aubree = July 20, 2004, Judge = August 7th, 2007 and this one = July 30 so I have a birthday 3weeks in a row! Guess I'll get em all done at once! I bet you guys are hoping for a boy??
We are thinking Alex but not sure. Thats funny about the july bdays...Aubree = July 20, 2004, Judge = August 7th, 2007 and this one = July 30 so I have a birthday 3weeks in a row! Guess I'll get em all done at once! I bet you guys are hoping for a boy??
Congrats! you are so awesome! Thank you for sharing your feelings. It really is amazing with signs that we get along the way that we don't really pay attention to until after we find out and can look back and see how the Lord prepares us for things that we didn't expect or see coming.
I do have to say if its a girl Please name her AMY LOL
Post a Comment