

Yesterday we celebrated Kate's 4th Birthday! It was a great day! Kate decided she wanted to have a Fancy Nancy themed party. I love these books, the illustrations and the stories are great. Kate told me who she wanted to invite and was very excited to put the mail in the mail box for the mail man. Kate wasn't able to do either in our old apartment, it was a locked box and we didn't have a mail send out box. She kept asking me is it the day after tomorrow, is it Saturday yet. We invited some of her closest friends, and even though it was a girly party, there siblings were welcome to stay and celebrate. Kate loved all the decorations I hung up around the house, she woke up with a huge smile on her face. We first started out playing pin the tail on the donkey, to entertain everyone while Jerry went to get the Pizza to eat for lunch. The kids loved it. Then we eat Pizza and watermelon. We quickly move to open Kate's presents. She was so cute as she opened up her presents, she loved everything she opened, she got more and more excited with every present she opened. I just loved seeing her smiling, excited face as she open the presents. She was having a ball at her party. We pretty much got every Fancy Nancy product made out there for Kate's party thanks to family and friends. She got dress up clothes, shoes, sticker books, and treasure box, board game, purse, sunglasses and a Doll. She was also excited to get the rest of her my little pony collection. That is her other new passion, she love to barrie her pony's in the back yard , dig them up, wash them and do there hair everyday. That's another blog entry all together, back to the party. The Gardner girls got her paints and brushed and paper, she is so excited to try them out. Bella and her mom made her new name letters for her Bedroom, to go with her new big girl theme. I made her a princess piggy bank. Thank you Aunt Amy for the collection of stuffed kittys she love them. She also received some wonder birthday card sending her love and well wishes for her birthday from more family and friends that live far away. We then moved to the next room and had all the girls make Fancy Nancy pocket purses. The girls did such a great job decorating their purses with boas and sparkly paint and pom poms. I had fun helping Kate make her purse. This was such a great idea for a party, I recommend other try it, it was a success. We then had birthday cake and ice cream. We sang to Kate and she blew out all 4 candles, I can't believe it she is four. Kate requested to have a butterfly Cake like Fancy Nancy's butterfly book. So once again I attempted to create the cake of her dreams, while stressing myself out in the process trying to make the best cake possible. It actually turned out great in the end, I was pleased with the end results and Kate love it too. She loved licking the spoon of frosting while I was decorating the cake. After we sang and ate cake I had all the Kids line up and make their own ice cream sundaes, or as Fancy Nancy calls them Parfaits. I actually found these really colorful plastic sundae containers for a dollar at the dollar tree. The kids had so much fun dumping the toppings on their ice cream. I think they had more toppings then ice cream in their cups. As a party favor for coming we cleaned out the cups and put in candy jewelry and rings pops for the kids to take home. I thought it was a good idea to take a piece of the story home with them and to remember the fun they had making the ice cream parfaits. The kids loved taking home the fancy purses, ice cream cups and oh yeah I almost forgot the tiaras too. We had a group picture before everyone left and yell out Happy Birthday Kate and everyone headed home, most likely for naps and a good rest. It was such a fun time, I enjoyed planning it, all the ideas came easily and the party flowed really well. I even ended right on time. Kate was so excited and wired from the party, she couldn't take a nap. We spend the rest of the day as a family. One of my favorite moments of the day was, when we I got to take her by herself to the store to pick out the last my little pony to finish her collection. She was so excited to take the money Aunt Karrie gave her and pay for the pony herself. We also ended up going to the drive in, to see G force. Kate seem to really have a wonderful day, she kept saying I'm the birthday girl and I turned 4 today. Wow my baby girl is 4. I was sad to realize she was no longer 3, three is my favorite age, but I am excited she is growing up to be such a beautiful little girl.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet Kate!!! =]
I wanna see the cake, and I love the dress she has on.
I love Kate's dress! It's super cute.
Post a Comment