3 blessings

3 blessings

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What a week we've had


What a week we have had here at the Rasmussen's new home. We finally finished up moving all of are stuff, out of our old place on the 1st. I thought we would never finish. It was hard to move in this heat wave we have been having. It's the hottest I have experienced since I have lived here. It's 100 or more plus humidity, SO NOT conducive to moving. Then once we got moved in, my Children ended up getting sick. Caleb had a high fever and all we wanted to do was sit with mom on the couch and nothing else. It was hard to just sit and look at all my boxes I have around and not be able to do anything about them. We ended up taking Caleb to the pediatrician and he ended up having pink eye and an ear infection in his left ear. It took us 2 1/2 hours to see the doctor. (Poor Caleb walked around all day with the tyenol and thermometer in his two hands.)You thought that was bad, my week gets better. I was driving to the apartment earlier in the week and my car broke down, and the repair place said it would take a week to even get a chance to look at it. Oh, and then a policeman instead of giving us time to take care of it, Jerry saw him while he was moving things looking at my car, and so he stopped to talk to the officer and said he call a tow truck to come get it. He said I'm not waiting to have you move it, it's blocking traffic. It's hard to believe that if you are completely pulled off the road and on the grass, no part of you car is on the road that my car could possibly be blocking traffic. So to say the least we ended up with a $125 towing fee. So no T.V., a sick baby, and no car to get out, let's just say it wasn't my best week. I so glad to that I was able to make it though last week, it was a tough one. I have my car back, Caleb is feeling better and I still have lots of boxes to unpack.

1 comment:

Mitchell4 said...

Oh Kristy
You poor thing. Poor Caleb. That IS a horrible week. Glad things are going a bit better and you survived the move. I came home and realized I need to have a yard sale. I might be a bit late cuz you probably already got rid of all the stuff you didn't want before the move. But just in case let me know if your up to it. I cringed at the thought of a 21/2 hour wait at the Dr's office and you broke down at the side of the road. How miserable.