3 blessings

3 blessings

Monday, November 16, 2009

A Surprise that was so Unexpected !

I meant to post this sooner but time got away from me. Last Tuesday some of my closest friends in my church/ward threw me a surprise baby shower. I had no idea. I was not expecting anything because I have one of each gender for kids and didn't think anything of it. My husband was in on it too. I should have know something was up when he didn't give me a hard time about watching the kids, he was almost to cooperative, no questions, just sure I'll do it. My friends actually threw me a diaper and wipes party, which is just perfect. I never planned on having two kids in diapers, it going to be pain for a while, but somethings just happen that way I guess. It was so nice, the food was so good and my friend Sandy made a beautiful cake. Thanks Sandy, you are so talented. The games were lots of fun as well. I of course didn't have a camera with me so, I took a picture of all great gifts. I also had a few friends give me some warmer clothes for the upcoming weather we will be having. I say up coming because I am still waiting for it to cool down enough to wear pants and a jacket. That's right I am still wearing sandals and Capri's. Gotta love the southern weather. Any ways back to what I was saying. I was just in sock that none of my friends leak out the secret. I had recently done something with them or talked to them and they all said nothing. It was so nice, it really lifted my spirits. You know how it is all you ladies that have ever been pregnant, the whole feeling so big and uncomfortable/ worries about how your going to do it all. It really has gotten me excited to meet this new little girl. I am so ready to not be pregnant any more. Thank you to everyone for the shower is was so nice and so unexpected. I can't seem to express how thankful I am. It's made me feel so good to know that even though I don't live close to family, that I have such good friends that are there when I need them to help me and my family. It's like a family away from home. Thanks so Much!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Wow! That's so great, Kristy. I bet its so comforting to have such good friends when you're so far away from family. Sounds like a great idea. A Diaper & Wipes Shower! I think it's brilliant. So Fun.

Jack and Marie said...

That's AWESOME, Kristy!! Glad to hear you are being well taken care of! And good on that rotten husband of yours! :-) We miss you all!

Uncle Jack

P.S.- How do we get on the "A" list and have our blog added to your family blogs list??? :-)

Angie said...

The new family picture at the top tells me that your baby has arrived. Congrats! I can't wait to read the details.

Melanie Papworth said...

That is so sweet!!!
SOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo..... the picture at the top indicates you HAVE met this new little girl. DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!! AND CONGRATS!!!!!