

Kate was given this Life size Barbie doll from her Best Friend Bella . My Friend Erica, Bella's mom was almost to excited for Kate to take the barbie off her hands, and Kate really wanted it, so I said
ok. Bella was done playing with it and instead of selling it at a yard sale she wanted Kate to have it. Well I can't tell you how many times I have walk into a room and Kate as been playing with this barbie and I have done a double take, it totally freaks me out. It's about the same Height as Kate and has the same hair color and style. If you are not paying close attention it makes you jump a little when you see it and the light are not on in the room. So you can imagine Jerry was going to take this to the next level. One day he strategically placed the barbie facing into the door way of the Bathroom, a little off to the side to proper her up against the wall. After I came back gone from
droping Kate off at school I was carrying Caleb into his bedroom right across the hall from the bathroom for nap time, I glance over to see this Doll and it totally made me jump/freak out. My mind was going crazy because I knew Kate wasn't there and was at school, but it looked like she was standing there in the doorway, it didn't help that the hallway was super dark. I definitely took a double take and immediately called my husband at work. He didn't hardly even say Hello and was chuckling hysterically because he knew why I was calling him. He had placed the doll there on purpose. I told him what happen and that it wasn't funny, and then I asked him has it made him take a double looks sometimes and that's were he got the idea to freak me out and he said yeah. At least he admitted it, that made me feel a little better, knowing I wasn't the only one that gets weirded out by this doll. So I called my mom yesterday and asked her if when she was visiting last month if that doll made her look twice and she laughed and said yeah it did once or twice. I still need to get Jerry back, I just need to figure out the best place to put her. So this new doll of Kate's has really has made for some good laughs in the Rasmussen home lately. Kate loves her. She talks to her, dresses her up in her clothes that actually fit her really well, kind of freaky to think about. She loves to have imaginary play time with her. She has had the doll for over a month and is still playing with it daily, it still hasn't lost it magic for her yet. So I guess I should thank my friend for giving us this doll and giving us a few laughs in the process. Thanks Erica!
1 comment:
That's way too funny!
Post a Comment