3 blessings

3 blessings

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sheet Flying





Bed Sheet Flying has in the past at the Mott residence been a past time activity that has provided a lot of fun and laughter. Some may think it is strange or even a bit crazy, but if you have never tried it you really don't know what your missing. Such a simple thing, how could it be so fun you ask, well it's the rush of a gush of wind behind your sheet and the unexpected thrill of possibly being blown away. It's simply a blast, and it gives you the sensation of what it might be like to fly. So my description might be a little too dramatic, but it's the truth. My parents house is set on the upper edge of a mountain creek bed, as the kids in the neighborhood called the Gully. It is the prime location for catching the wind in your sheet on a windy day. I will say the wind here is huge, sometimes even a nuisance when your trying to sleep. So as a teenager my sisters and I on a windy day would get some sheets and go sheet flying as we called it. I never got a picture of me doing it with my sisters, but my mom got one of my three sisters doing it together. So the first thing I thought of when we had a really windy day here was, Kate and Caleb have got to try this. She had a really great time! It just happened to be super, extra windy the day we tried it. I almost fell over twice, Kate was so low to the ground she didn't have to worry about that. Caleb wasn't to interested. So bizarre as this pastime entertainment seems, don't knock it if you haven't tried it!



No comments: