The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Thanksgiving F.H.E.
Family Home Evening this week was all about giving thanks and being grateful. We talked about what the meaning of this coming holiday is and why it is important to be thankful. The kids really enjoyed this family night. I made a turkey earlier in the day out of construction paper. I traced Kate's feet for the body of the bird and then cut out feathers of all colors to be used later. As part of the lesson we had everyone pick their favorite color feather and write all the things they were thankful for. I think the turkey turned out great. It was a great to take a moment out of this busy holiday season to remember what we are thankful for. I know that when I have an Attitude of Gratitude no matter what my life may hold, life seems to go a little better. You're able to see what you have not what you don't have.Gratitude makes what you have enough. Here is what everyone said they were thankful for.......
Kate- Jesus, Rainbows, Flowers and Birds, animals
Caleb- Nursery to learn about Jesus and Snacks
Mom- Family and Good Health
Aunt Amy- Job, family
Grandma- Grand Babies, America, home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment