This past Thursday I ventured out to find the yearly blooming Poppies fields in Alpine to take some pictures with the kids. I was kind of worried I wouldn't be able to find them on my own, last year we got lost for an hour before we found them. It was a race with the sun I have to say to find the flowers before high noon. I sort of just followed my way in to general direction I thought they were in and I ended up recognizing the church I needed to go behind and then follow the dirt road behind it. I was making good time, it was only 9:30 and I found them.









The crazy adventure part of this outing was my battery on my camera died after I only took a few shots, so frustrating. I found the place and the whole point was to explore and take pictures. So I loaded the kids back up, when home, charged the battery while I ran an errand to Wal-mart, by then the battery was ready to go and we went back up to see the flowers again. The kids were still very excited to look around, but not so much about taking pictures, they were done. I don't know what it is, but last year Caleb didn't want to smile and same with this year again. I ended up taking pictures when he wasn't noticing. It's so hard to get a great picture the three kids, I think it's the ages they are, just not the right age to sit and want to smile. I got a few good ones, not the greatest. The pictures I did take are the results of poor planning on my part, I didn't get to upset with the kids, they just wanted to walk around, and that was alright with me.
The kids had a wonderful time exploring and walking among the beautiful orange blossoms. If you have lived in Alpine you know about the poppie fields. There are millions of orange poppies that blossom mid June every year. It's a prime/optimal location to take some pictures of your loved ones. That is if they decide they want to cooperate. Alpine seem to get a lot a traffic in this little area at this time of year, so many people come to see the poppies. It's a great thing to go see if you have never been. To be able to see so many naturally growing orange poppies with the mountains as breath taking backdrop, all I can say is simply Gorgeous!
 |
| Jane is saying Cheese in this picture. |
 |
| My little tree climber |
 |
| I love this little boy! |
 |
| I love this picture of Caleb, he is a little dirty from playing but I still love it. |
 |
| That is the smile I have grown to love so much! |
 |
| Our little Jane |
2 comments:
How much do I miss these faces?! Grrr- A LOT! I love you and miss you dearly! I know I say this everytime but you just do not understand the full scope of how much my little slice of Heaven sucks without my Kristy in it. I shall go cry in the corner now!
such lovely photos! treasures!
Post a Comment