Just
last week it was one of those blistering cold days and the kids were
stuck inside. I brainstormed a little and remember a fun activity I did
in Head Start when I taught Preschool. So this post is a throw back to
my good old days teaching. I know some of you might think I am crazy
for letting my kids just go at it with the Shaving cream, but the Kids
love it and it serves two purposes.
I had the kids spray a big
pile of shaving cream in front of them and spread it all over the
table. After covering the whole table and kitchen counter, we practiced
our shapes, number, letters, and just fun pictures.
The
kids had a blast and couldn't get enough of this whole shaving cream
fun. So after a while the shaving cream begins to dry and that when you
take a warm wash cloth or paper towel and wipe down the surface. All my
kids enjoyed clean it all up just as much as messing it up which is
rare with kids.
I love this activity because the
Shaving cream works as a cleaner on the table, it clean off marker
stains, crayons, pencil and any other marks you may have. So can anyone
say AWESOME....Cleaning and Playing, and keeping kids busy all combined
into one, you can't beat that. I use to do this all the time in
preschool, I am so glad I remember this activities. So after I got
done, I sat down and brainstormed some more fun activities I had done
back in the good old days of teaching. I have a whole list of fun to
try with my kids. I guess I just go so caught up in the everyday coming
and goings of raising kids, I forgot some of the fun easy thing I can
do at home with them. I getting excited to do more....stay tuned for
more fun!!!
2 comments:
Oh I'm so glad you posted this. I heard this for the 1st time the other day when a Mom said she did this with her kids but in the bathtub and a squeegee. Can't wait for more activities. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Becky so glad to share some fun ideas with everyone, so glad you like it, have fun and get messy :)
Post a Comment