3 blessings

3 blessings

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Caleb's 1st day of Preschool



Today was Caleb's first day of preschool.....And so it begins.  Caleb seemed really calm and excited and not worried about a thing.  I was worried for him because sometimes he struggles to want to stay in his sunbeam class.  Caleb did Great, he was so ready to go.  He has been wanting to go ever since his big sister Kate went to kindergarten.  We too went to back to school day the day before so he could pick out a cubby and meet his teacher. I think that made a huge difference.  When Caleb is comfortable with who his teacher is and his surroundings he does better.
 Caleb is my sweet tender little boy and it is hard for me to let him go.  This year was not so bad because it's only preschool, but next year is going to be tough.  Caleb is a real joy to have around the house and his presents while he is at school will be missed. 
Caleb had lunch before he left and then we headed off to school.  We took some pictures outside and then went inside. Caleb teacher is Mrs. Moberley, we got to meet her day before.  She seems like a really great teacher.  Hey, my niece Julia had her last year and is now reading. Anyways, He knew right were to go and headed right on in.   I gave him a hug and he immediately asked his teacher to play with some toys.  He didn't even seem to notice I was leaving which was great.  I am so glad he didn't have a hard time.




After I got back in the car, my little Jane said "I want to go to school too."  I said you have to wait a while before you get to go.  I said you get to have mommy and me time, just you and me. That didn't seem to make her feel any better, so I said how about you, me and Grandma go get and ice cream at Culver's while we wait for brother and sister.  She was all smiles after that.
We then picked up Caleb.  He did great and told us that he sang, played and practiced writing. I asked him if he had a good time and he said it was really fun.  So yeah for a great first day for Caleb.  So excited for all the fun things you will learn this year!  I of course made my traditional first day of school cookies for Caleb as well.  He picked peanut butter blossoms.  He just eat a blue candy right before this picture I took, so it will have to do.  I loved giving my kids a sweet treat to look forward to after a, stressful, new, exciting day.   Makes for a great ending to a great day!



1 comment:

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Wow... I can't believe how fast they growing. You have a beautiful family! Hey are you guys still in Alabama? We are moving to Alabama next year.Maybe I will see you guys.Josy