3 blessings

3 blessings

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Birthday Prep

Well, It's hard to believe but my little girl is turning 3 tomorrow. I have been really trying to plan a nice party for her. She decided she wants a Cinderella party. So as some of you know my mom had this wonderful tradition of making our Cakes for us as a kid anything we asked for she would make it. I remember having a Bunny, Dog, Gumball, and Castle Cakes, you name it she made it. Well I've been attempting to do the same with my children. My mom never told me how hard or how much work it was. I truly appreciate her efforts in making my cakes so special. I made Kate a bunny cake her first year and a penguin cake her second year (Happy Feet Theme) and this year I am attempting to make her a Cinderella Doll Cake. I hope it turns out, I worry the whole time until It's finished, I want it to look good. The penguin cake was a huge undertaking last year so I'm hoping this cake will be a little easier.
Kate has also picked out her party decorations and has birthday cake flavor, not my favorite but it not up to me. She picked the white with rainbow colors inside. She has also asked for a two wheeler princess bike ,since Christmas I might add. She has to test it out every time we go to the store. Jerry said he's going to pick it up after work tomorrow. It's going to be the big highlight of the day I think. We are going to have lot of Kate's friends over to celebrate with us. We plan on having Pizza and Cake and going swimming in the pool afterwards. It should be a lot of fun.
I took some time to think back and remember my little girl and all the fun memories we have made, it's hard to believe she is going to be three. I love her so much and she is such a sweet girl. She truly has blessed are lives and I am grateful that Lord has given me the chance to be her Mommy. Three years really does go by quickly, pretty soon she will be starting school. Well I very excited for tomorrow and I will definitely post some great pictures!

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

I can't believe it's already time for her to be 3! I hope she has a great day. I hope the day goes well for you as well! I'm sending a little gift along with Stacy. It needs your consent though. =]

AMezNewz said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Wow that time just flew by!

Mitchell4 said...

I wish that I could be there. I'm keeping my coughs to myself. Have a great party and a great Birthday Kate.