
I went to the pediatrician yesterday, with both kids, not my ideal situation, but Jerry had to work overtime at the last minute and it was to late to get a babysitter. Kate actually did really well, we only had to go pee pee 4 times and pooh 1 time in a matter of an hours and a half, I think part of it was just her wanting to get up and out of the room, but she did go each time quite a bit, so she must of had to go. She talked the nurses and the doctor's ear off and told them how she old she was " I 2 1/2 and I going to be 3 on my birthday". She told them about her princess party for her birthday. It was funny after the nurse gave her a tongue depressor she pretended to go water skiing, then she proceeded to tell them how she went water skiing with her daddy. They couldn't believe how articulate she was for her age. I told them if you let her she will definitely talk your ear off.
Well back to Caleb they measure him and he was 22 1/4 inches long and a healthy 12.5 pounds, the doctor thought he was 3 months old for just a second. He was in the 75 percentile for his weight. I'm glad to see he is gaining weight. Earlier in the month we had to get an upper GI done to see why he was spitting up so much. It was so much more compared to Kate that they thought it would be best to check it out. He would spit up dinner size plate full all over the couch etc. The doctor and I both wanted to check out to have peace of mind. They didn't find any blockage, but the x-ray did show that he had some acid reflux. Caleb has actually improved a little everyday with is reflux , and the fact that he is still gaining weight is a really good thing. The Doctor said anywhere from 3 to 6 months he should grow out to it. Caleb also got his first set of shots, they were surprised that he didn't cry on the first one, but they spoke to soon, the next two he sure was screaming. Caleb did really well, he quickly calmed down and fell fast asleep. Something happen to the paperwork the first time they did his PKU which is where they stick is foot and squeeze drops of blood onto a paper. I was so frustrated the lady was new at it and didn't know what she was doing and had to stick his little foot twice, it took her forever to get the amount of blood she needed. It was cute Kate decided to sing Caleb a song to make him feel better she sang twinkle little star. Then the nurse asked if she wanted to sing another one since it was taking so long, so Kate decided to sing Book of Mormon Stories (a children primary song), let just say when the words Book of Mormon stories part of the song came up she gave us a strange look. Yes it pretty much pointed out that we were Mormon/LDS and down here in the Bible Belt/ Baptist Community that can be difficult, because of the different ideas/views on things. The nurse just smiled and said what a pretty singer she was.
We finally got done and we went to Mc D's for lunch as promised if Kate was good, she had her good and bad moments but for the most part she was good so we had lunch and then Naps. After that the fun part began. Caleb cried almost no stop until 11:00p.m. that night, I thought my arms where going to fall off because Caleb didn't want me to put him down. Then Kate was not going to bed like she should. She was in her bed just not going to sleep, she eventually drifted off around 10:30, which is 3 hours passed her bed time. I thought I would never get though this day, it was a tough one. I am grateful in the end that I have two Healthy beautiful children. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.
1 comment:
Um, hello, you know you could have called me and seen if I could watch Kate last minute. You've got to take advantage of me while I'm here! But it sounds like she was a good missionary, so it was worth having her with you after all (maybe?)...
Post a Comment