Well yesterday was a well deserved break. Jerry has been working 12 hours shifts this whole week, so after eight hours of sleep and 12 hours of working, it added up to only 1 to 2 hours a day that I would see him. It has been a really Challenging week, with a lot of ups and downs. Kate was really in the mood to test me at every turn, being two sure does bring it's challenges. Caleb was also very fussy from his acid reflux and some colic. I thought I was never going to get out of my house. Jerry said where do you want to go, I told him I didn't care as long as we were out of the house. We ended up going out to eat at Logan's Road House, we had never gone there before, it was pretty good. We then went to Target to get a sit n stand stroller for the kids. I'm very excited to have it, it will make going out with the two children/ taking walks easier. We then got caught in a huge rainstorm, we where soaked. We then met up with some friends after the rain stopped to go putt putt golfing. I was so excited to be out of the house I didn't quite want to go home yet, so we went to IHOP for dinner. I had such a great time, It felt like it had been months since I've gotten out of the house, I didn't want to go home, but alas it was getting late. I need to get out more I think.
It's be so depressingly hot, the heat has made it hard to want to take the kid outside. I took a step back after this week and realized I had some great moments thru the thick of all the frustrating moments. For example Caleb didn't cry during his bath for the first time, I got a nap, I went swimming with friends to cool off from the summer heat, it felt great. I also got to share with Kate her first time seeing a Rainbow, it was really wonderful to see the excitment on her face. I had a great teaching moment, and reminded her about the story of Noah's Ark. I reminded Kate of the promise the Lord gave us when he sent the rainbow, to never flood the earth again. She pointed out all the colors and was really excited. So in the end, despite feeling like a single mom for a week, with all the struggles I had (sleepless nights, tantrums and colic), I took a moment to look at the positive things and it's really made me appreciate my struggles and trials even more. It makes me stronger!
1 comment:
Yay! for a break out of the house and getting a new stroller!!
I know what you mean by feeling like a single mom, but don't forget single moms work full-time, too. Now THAT would drive me insane! Thank goodness for Husbands! =]
Post a Comment