Does any one remember the little boy in the movie Daddy Daycare starring Eddie Murphy that had to wear his Flash Gordon Costume everyday. Well Kate from the moment she wakes up to the moment so goes to bed wants to wear her Swimming Suit. The funniest part is sometimes she has to have her bathing suit on with a Sunday dress over it, the other half of the time she is up and about. I hid her suit one day and I didn't hear the end of it, all day long she nagged me mommy, mommy where is my swimming suit. I don't know what's worse having her wear her suit all the time or the constant nagging. I told her I had to wash it, which was true. I ended up going to the store and buy another suit so she can swim in one and have a different around the house, so one will be dry. She loves her new purple suit she danced all over the house. Yesterday she didn't want to change so we could go to the store, she wanted to wear it to the store, she threw a huge tantrum over it. I told her if we aren't dress properly we won 't be able to go in the store, the whole no shoes no shirt, no service idea. She was not having it. Today Miss Independent had some of her friends over and we made brownies. I told her she had to take her new suit off to lick the spoon so she wouldn't get it dirt. I was trying anything to get that darn suit off of her. She actually took is off without a fight. After she was done she marched back upstairs and put it right back on, I couldn't believe it. We then got ready to eat them and I told her again that you can't eat brownies with your new suit on, so she took it off and put her clothes back on. I thought she would get tired of changing, boy was I wrong, to no avail she went right back upstairs to put it back on. I GIVE UP AAHHH!!! She now as I'm writing this she is wearing her swimming suit. Once she figured out how to dress herself she has been very much become a little miss independent. I hope this is a phase, I guess it's not the worse thing to worry about, the suit will get smaller on her as she grows. Have any of your children gone though a phase like this??
4 comments:
Never underestimate the power of brownies. lol. Too funny. We are not at that phase yet but I'm sure that it'll happen. I've heard stories and I've heard some Mom's say let her where it. As long as they are modest and covered up who cares what they wear. I guess that this is a different situation and this paticular Mom was talking about mismatched wearing princess dresses etc out to the store. It sounds like your handling it perfectly. I'm sure her nagging is driving you crazy but it's just a phase right? This to shall pass? Good luck. Thumbs up on getting her another swimsuit.
Oh gee I'm rereading my comment and laughing at all my grammar/spelling errors. You can laugh right along with me. It's alright. Oh Boy it's bad.
It's a cute phase!! Go with it and you will look back and laugh and have great memories!! I love my bathing beauty girl!! love, Gramma
That's too funny. They do have their own little opinions, don't they :). I'm sure she'll get tired of it eventually. Then it'll be on to something else ;).
Post a Comment