3 blessings

3 blessings

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat


We had a great time this year for Halloween. We were invited to go to our friends neighborhood party. It was really nice, the Church this year didn't do a Truck or Treat because there was a scheduling problem that did make it possible. So we were very excited we got invite to attend this party instead. It was really nice, they had a big tractor, with lots of hay bails for the kids to sit on. The houses were pretty spread out so they let the kids ride and stop at every house along the way

Kate had only one speed to her, it was running the whole time the whole way. She was so excited getting to run up to each house and say trick or treat. Kate seemed to really get it this year Kate's pumpkin basket was full to the brim
I will forever remember my 3 year old little girl all dress up in her car seat riding over to our friends house so cute and so full of excitement. It was one of those moments you stop and take a picture in your mind of and try to never forget it. I asked Kate if she could stay 3 forever and she said no I'll be 4 next time my birthday comes. 3 years old is one of my favorite ages.
>
The weather was actually really nice and pleasantly chilly if there is such a thing, so those infant costumes they sell at wal-mart actually came in handy for Caleb.Usually it's still to warm to wear those really kinds of costumes.
Kate was Cinderella, she made such a pretty princess. She had a great time going around with her wand in hand and changing everything into a prince or a frog. Bibty bobty boo as she would say, she so cute the way she says it. She was pretending to look for her prince outside while I was taking pictures of her, she said we have to go get brother to pull my Carriage.
He was a horse this year. Kate while I was taking pictures lost her glass slipper and she said oh no my slipper fell of like Cinderella, it was cute. Caleb did really well, he was a real trooper, he stayed awake the whole time, he never wants to miss a thing. I carried him in my sling that I have, it was really comfortable for him and for me.
Jerry was really cute this year, we decide not to dress up this year because we weren't going to the church party, but as I was getting Kate and Caleb ready Jerry say why didn't we dress up, I want to dress up now, I think he was excited that Kate and Caleb were getting dressed up and wanted to join in the fun. So he sort of did he wore his flight suit and said this counts right. He's always had that kid at heart kind of attitude which I love. I really enjoyed watching Kate have a great time this year. I will truly cherish the memories we made last night. She made a Beautiful Princess, and Caleb was a Handsome Little Horse. It was a great Halloween.




6 comments:

Nilla said...

Both of them are adorable! And the "Cinderella picture" of Kate losing her shoe is priceless!

Angie said...

Fun experience. Thanks for sharing. And I must say, you look really cute with your bangs clipped back like they are in the hayride picture!

Mitchell4 said...

Cute costumes. I thought that it was funny how the Dad's really got into the spirit of dressing up. Brian wore his Jedi robe. The weather was really nice. Not too cold and no rain.

the happy thomas family said...

so fun!

Jennifer said...

I knew you would beat everyone and post your halloween pics first! Sounds like fun.

Melanie Papworth said...

LOVE the costumes!!!