3 blessings

3 blessings

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Traveling to Utah!

Well, on Saturday we travel on the Plane to Utah to visit family. Anyone who knows me knows I was super anxious to travel with two kid on my own. We made plans for me to come out two weeks early and then Jerry would come out later. We will travel home together as a family. So I just had to do two planes and I was there. I was pleasantly surprised when the kids did really well. The first flight was from Dothan, AL to Atlanta, GA it's only about 30 Min's, the kids where really excited and love flying in the plane. We has the perfect amount of time to get to our next plane and we even had bathroom breaks and eat pizza for lunch. Kate wanted pizza thank goodness they had it. She really did well eating, she can be picky sometimes. They even had a family bathroom in Atlanta so I just rolled the stroller right in and I was able to take care of everyone and myself with out the frustration of others being around. Thank goodness for family style bathrooms. The next flight went really good for the most part. This plane was set up with three seats across then the isle and then another three seats. I thought when I made the reservation sitting in the two inside seat would be the best, so we would bother anyone, well I forgot about my three year old tiny bladder. She had to get up 3 times, the third time the lady sitting next to us was so upset with us waking her us, she said, do you mind if we trade and I sit by the window so you can get out as much as you need. Note to self, reserve the outer two seats instead. I should have know she was not going to like sitting by us, because as you mom's that travel all know I got The look. You know the look of, I have to sit by this lady and her two small children look. I know you all know what I am talking about. Well, my kids did great after that they sleep for 2 hours and 45 Min's, which it's a 4 hour flight. The lady sitting next to us must have felt my frustration and how bad I felt for waking her up, she started to offer Kate snacks and let her put her feet up when she took her nap. Others after the flight said my kids travel really well. That's always good to hear for me as a mom that is so worried about bothering others. I guess I can't complain to much the people in front of us had three children and one got sick and threw up everywhere. She cried the whole time. So I am truly grateful that the kids were good. I also want to mention I said a lot of prayers for this trip to go well and that I would be at peace and not be all anxious inside. It truly helped a great deal and I am thankful for the Lord's help in making my trip go smoothly. I was worried about Caleb, because he is officially teething right now, he did really well. So we are here really enjoying being at my mom's house. We went to church on Sunday with my mom and then yesterday, I got almost all my Christmas shopping done except one or two people. I got some great deals as well. I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season. Kate got here wish it snowed yesterday!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip!!
You will always find one or two sourpusses.

Glad it went well.
Mom

Mitchell4 said...

We are thrilled that you made it okay. I know "the look" It's been flashed my way so I know what you went thru.

I hope that your able to go and see the lights on Temple Square. Hooray for the snow.
We would have Jerry over for dinner if I didn't have this dang cold. Go and build a snow creature for me. Have fun.