We went to wal-mart to get a few things we tend to run out of at the end of the week . Kate is starting to notice each time I go to the store I take a list, well Kate said I want to write the list, but I don't know how, so I helped her write what we needed. She made sure to tell me she wanted a doughnut with sprinkles on it. I don't know why she wanted a doughnut we hardly eat them. I got finish making the list and she said it's not long enough, I want a long list like you have mommy. I said well honey we aren't getting are normally food list like we do each payday, so the list is smaller today. Kate was not wanting to except my reasoning, so I scribed one more item on the list and she said, OK now it's long enough, go figure.
The main reason I wanted to post an entry was Kate lately loves to sing while she is in the grocery cart. Last week she would sing What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand ,from the Little Mermaid over and over just that part. I have to mention she doesn't just sing it she belts it out so you probably could here her 3 isles over if you tried. We get lots of smiles and giggles and comments on how good a singer she is or how happy she is singing. I just let her sing because it keeps her happy and occupied. Well, today was quiet the serenade. Out of no where she was sitting in the cart and as we were checking out she belted out the words to "How Firm a Foundation" she sang the whole first verse, I didn't even know she remembered that much. People stared to smile at her and the lady at the check out said are you singing a church song, Kate just keep singing. The Lady stocking the shelves said yes she is and started singing it with her. The two ladies thanked her for sing to them and off we went. I knew that this particular hymn was used in several different churches, so I knew other knew what she was singing. I think they were in sock she new the words so well. She belted it out all the way to the car. I was a little shy about her singing this song at first, but decided there is nothing to be shy about and to not discourage her from sing this wonderful Hymn. She was so excited and happy while she was singing the song, I wish I had a video camera with me, it was so precious. Kate has been so excited to sing the new songs she has been learning in primary. I keeping think to myself maybe I can do this whole sing time thing. It truly is a joy to watch her learning and singing the songs we are learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment