3 blessings

3 blessings

Thursday, March 19, 2009

JUST... A Stay at Home Mom

Today I caught myself saying something that made me step back and rethink how I saying or phrasing things. I was on the phone with Caleb's Pediatricians office trying to set up a dermatologist appointment for Caleb's baby acne. It hasn't cleared up and she suggested we see what we can do to help clear it up. So back to my point, it's really hard to get into this particular doctor, it's pretty much months out until you can get an appointment. So the nurse set up an appointment to make sure I had one and then called me to say if she had an idea of my schedule she could maybe see about getting him in sooner. Well, I proceed to tell her I'm JUST a stay at home mom, my schedule is very open and flexible. She said oh that's helps and I'll just call them back to see if I can get something sooner that August 7Th. I hung up the phone and thought to myself, why did I just say I'm JUST a stay at home mom. Stay at home mom is a pretty important job and saying I'm JUST a stay at home mom seem to make it sound like it not of very much importance. So I vow to never describe myself as JUST a stay at home mom. I will say I AM a stay at home mom, or I could get creative and say Home Economic Engineer, or Home Educator, a Professional Jack of all Trades, or Home making extraordinaire. No really I'm just kidding about the silly titles mentioned earlier. I just had a realization that my job is an important one and to not classify it as JUST something. It's one of the most important Jobs I think I will ever have and I have to speak of it as such. Being a stay at home mom is a wonderful thing and I truly am blessed to be able to stay home with my kids. Not everyone is able to, I realize my job is one of the toughest, most rewarding I think I will every have. I know, I know, I'll get off my soap box now, I just had that realization today that I need to say or phrase my job description in a more positive light.

No comments: