3 blessings

3 blessings

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Relaxing Days

Yesterday was a pretty fun day I took Kate to story hour at the public library and then we went home for naps and then we headed to our favorite park. The weather was perfect. Kate loved running up head of Caleb and I and saying I'm going to beat you there. Where I don't know. There is a beautiful paved path around the entire park, about I would say 3 miles long. All the flowers and trees are in bloom it's one of my favorite times of year down here in the south. I'm not looking forward to the summer heat that is around the corner. After the park we went home and watched Kate's new movie Thumbelina. I think I have watched it about 8 times since we got it, which was this past Tuesday and it only Thursday. Then we took baths and spent some extra time during our story time to read the books Kate checked out. That was the first time she picked out her own books she did really well, the books where pretty good. The titles included "No Roses for Harry" and "Strawberry Short Cake fun", and "The Rainbow Fish and the monster caves". Kate loves to read stories, it's one of my favorite times of the day, when the day is done ,and you are sitting quietly snuggled up with your child and a good book. I know my day doesn't seem like much to most ,but it was just a really pleasant one that I wanted to remember. I enjoyed watching Kate play and reading books today. I know someday it's not going to be like this, relaxing, easy going kind of days. I want to take time to remember this moment.

No comments: