
I had a wonderful week last week. My mom and sister flew in from Utah to visit for a whole week. We had a blast. It was nice to have extra hands around to help with the kids, I don't really know what that's like, I do it so much on my own, not having relative near by. After a little delayed flight on Monday my family got here safely and took the rest of the day to rest.
Tuesday we took the kids to our favorite park, my mom loved the long winding path around the park and Caleb love the baby swing on the playground. We end up watching American Idol that evening, it fun to watch it with family instead of by yourself. You get to hear their option's on the performances. Sorry this sounds like a travel log, there was no other way to describe it. Well, any ways on Wednesday we stayed home and made some tote bags I had learned to make. My sister was dying to learn how to make them, and of course she was able to sew one in half the time it takes me, she talented that way.
Thursday we headed to the Beach in Panama city. We went to Saint Andrews beach, it's a state park, we wanted to avoid all the spring breakers down here right now. Jerry was able to get the day off to go with us, that was a real treat. It was a great day, the weather was beautiful. The water was a little chilly due to are recent stormy weather we had been having. The white sandy beaches never cease to amaze me, so soft and beautiful. Kate had a great time getting barried by her daddy again. Its a tradition the two do each time they are at the beach, it never seem to get old with Kate, she loves it. It was so nice to take my Mom and sister down to the beach. I have been wanting to take them the last two times they have come, but have been way to pregnant to go, or I was just about due and it wasn't safe to go. They had a great time, making sand castles and looking for shells on the beach. Thinking back on the week I didn't do a great job of taking lots of pictures which is unusual for me, I did get some of the beach though. Jerry enjoyed taking pictures of the Alligator wildlife preseve, right near the beach. You can walk right up to the water on this deck structure and watch for alligators. We got lucky and there was one right at the end of thr dock.
Friday, I think is when we went out to Lunch with Jerry to Ruby Tuesday's. My mom and sister got to be here after lunch to watch Caleb get his first official Hair cut. Caleb did a really great job of sitting still, they even gave him a cute certificate saying congratulations on your first hair cut, too cute. After that I took my family to the "I Create" place in town, it's a paint your own pottery place. We all had a great time painting pottery. I painted a little round keepsake box for my ear rings,my mom painted a really cute mug with Caleb's hand print and my sister paint a heart shape Keepsake box. They all looked great, I can't wait to see the finished results. Jerry was so nice he watch Kate so we could go and paint, and he told us to take our time. I had so much fun going shopping at Khols on Saturday, thanks for my new clothes mom! I found a great dress and some shirts for the hot summer approaching. It's been a busy week.
Sunday my family decided to primary to watch me sing with the children. It was crazy hat day and the Kids love it. The best singing class got to pick a silly hat for there teacher to wear, it was hit. Then Kate gave her first Primary talk as a Sunbeam, thanks mom for helping with her first talk. Kate did great she has most of it memorized and she spoke up and very clearly so everyone could hear her. She did a great job, I was so proud of her. It was great to have my family here to have them see a few of my kids firsts. Caleb's first Hair cut and Kate's first talk in primary. I wish I could share more of those with them. I miss being able to do that. Monday I had to sadly drop of my Mom and sister at the airport in Dothan, It was such a fun week, it seem to fly by. I am so grateful that they where able to come out and visit. I had such a great time and I hope they did as well. I know flying a a plane is hard sometimes, but I appreciate their sacrifice to be here. It's been hard for Kate the moment we walked into are apartment after dropping them off she realized that they weren't coming back and they were gone. She cried off and on the whole day saying I miss my Grandma and Amy. It was hard to watch, this was the first time it's really affected her this way. It's been a couple days now and Kate still gets teary eyes about grandma and Aunt Amy being gone. She said can we move by both Grandma so we can see them. I told her maybe someday, I don't know right now. All in all it was week to remember and I had a blast thanks again Mom and Amy it was wonderful to have you here.
1 comment:
hooray! sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment