



Kate can officially ride her two wheel bike without her training wheels. She tried riding her friend Bella's bike last Sunday on her grassy lawn and she rode it all the way across the yard without falling. I was sad I didn't have my camera for her first offical ride, but I later got some footage at home. She could hardly wait for dad to wake up and take the training wheel off her bike. I told her we need to get you a helmet and some other protective gear before we can do that. So while dadddy was sleeping we went to wal-mart to pick up a helment. We decide to get a new basket and streamers and bell, to go along with this exciting new event. I never had all this gear growing up and I survived, but due to us living in an apartment are front yard is the parking lot. The back yard is a big hill so there is not a soft lawn to practice on. I decided it would probably be wise to get all the saftey gear. Kate loved picking out her helmet and gear. Jerry got up and took the training wheels off, I never had those either, it's a wonder how I ever learned to ride a bike. I remember falling and getting lots of cuts and bruises. Kids now a days have it made. Well, Kate did just fine, she rode all over the parking lot. She was so excited and proud of herself. I just had a glimpse of her riding her first tricycle down the sidewalk and now she is ride her big girl bike. Wow she is growing up fast. Time is just flying by. So now the newest thing to be doing here on Dixie Drive is riding our bike. I have to say putting on all that gear reminds me a little of getting a child ready to go out and play in the snow, it takes you more time to put on the gear then they actually play outside. Oh well. I am very excited for Kate , she is only 3 and 1/2 and can ride a two wheeler, boy she learned how to do that quick. It was really fun to watch her smiling and laughing riding all around.
3 comments:
She's growing up so fast. What an accomplishment. Good Job Kate.
hooray, kate! we love you!
That little girl ALWAYS has a HUGE smile on her face. You are a terrific mom!
Post a Comment