3 blessings

3 blessings

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Caleb's big boy bed and turning 20 months











I have been meaning to post this for a while. About a week after Christmas, Caleb decided to show off his climbing talents to his daddy by climbing up the crib and dropping down into the crib, yes the complete opposite of what most kids do. Most climb out, he climbed in, making it very obvious that it was time to move from crib to toddler bed. I was very reluctant to make this change. Kate struggled so much to stay in the toddler bed and night time was a disaster at times. I was also still healing from my c-section. It had to be done, and I really think Caleb was ready. He has done great with this new transition. You give him a kiss, say prayers, put him down and he goes right to sleep. This has been such a welcome difference compare to his older sister. I should have know it would be alright, Caleb has always been good about just turning over and going to bed when you put him down. He hardly ever cries or fusses at night, it's been so nice. It's sad to see the crib go down with another child, it means my little man is growing up.



I am excited for Caleb he is really doing well he just turned 20 months old. At his check up last week they said he is growing height is in the 20percentile and his weight is in the 10 percentile. The doctor is worried he only weights 24 pounds but is height is right on target. He met all his developmental marks. He says about 10 words and signs about 14, he is really picking up with the sign language. I asked the doctor if he signs does that count as part of he language development or does he need to be speaking words. She said as long as he is connecting language with meaning whether vocally or with signs he is doing great. So I am a lot less worried now. He has such a bubbly personality. He loves to laugh and be tickled. He still loves ears, he grabs every ones ears even his own for comfort. He loves his blanky. Caleb loves to watch Curious George and CARS. When I put on Rascal Flats song from cars, Caleb starts to dance, so cute. He also loves to play with any that is a Car, Train, or a Plane. Caleb also loves to play with Sadie our dog and share with big sister Kate. He also can't get enough of Jane ,his new little sister. He doesn't say Mommy but he will say Jane. He loves to tickle her and kiss her and pat her on the head. He is oh so gentle with her, he just seems to remember her, it seems like. Caleb has a big heart and a wonderful personality. I love to watch him learning everyday. He loves to dance and runs to the bathroom every time you say it's bath time. He loves his baths. My favorite thing is Caleb love to sit with you all the time and watch TV, mostly in the morning. He is my little cuddle bug, I hope he never changes that. I love his sweet smile and he adorable noises he make when he is excited. It sounds like an owl. HOO HOO, he has made that sound ever since we was a baby. I think that is everything right now to update you on Caleb turning 20 months. We love you Caleb!

1 comment:

Mitchell4 said...

Yay for such a smooth transition. :)