3 blessings

3 blessings

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Splash Pad











Splish, splash I was taking a bath, well not really...splish, splash I was playing on the splash pad. Last Friday we discovered the new local Splash Pad in Highland, Utah. It's a little city park with a water fountain in the ground that shoots up water at different intervals, along with a little stream. It has a little river with rocks that shoot water out of it, it is about ankle deep. Most of the little toddlers gather at this part of the pad. The best part is it's free. I love it. We first took a picnic lunch to the splash pad before we tried it, they have a nice grassy area to sit and eat and play. Kate couldn't get enough of splashing in the water. She didn't like the big fountain I am not sure why, she just stayed in the stream part. Caleb kept walking in and out and he would occasionally touch some of the shooting rock fountains. He mostly liked watching all the other kids play. Jane liked dipping her toes in the water, she rolled her ankles and giggled. It was cold at first, but soon warmed up. I love the picture of Kate posing on the shooting rock, it's so her. We had a great time, I didn't wear a suit just shorts, if I don't have to wear a swimsuit I am all for that. Most parents just wear shorts and shirts and get wet that way. I liked it because if I got hot I would just dipped my feet in to cool off. It was really fun playing and watching the kids have fun. I think maybe next time I am going to try the big fountain, maybe that will make Kate feel more comfortable and want to try it. We will get a chance to go again with Jerry's Family this next Friday, we are looking forward to having lots of fun and sharing our new discovery with them, stay tuned for pictures to follow, can't wait, it should be a great time!

3 comments:

Jacob and Crystal Krausz said...

My little Kate looks like a child model in that one picture. Tell her that I said "Hi"! I love you sweetie!

Angie said...

Okay, I assumed you were in Utah visiting family, but you're STILL there. Did you guys move out of Alabama???

Melanie Papworth said...

That looks like a way fun place! By the way, LOVE the pic at the top of your blog!!!!!!