Last week I got the chance to go to the Zoo with my sisters, mom and the kids, we all had a great time. The weather was perfect, it wasn't that hot heat that I am so use to. It was very pleasant, which made our visit even more enjoyable. At the Hoogle Zoo they had a new baby elephant, it was so cute! The kids really loved watching the baby elephant get water with her trunk to drink and splash herself. I really enjoyed seeing the new silver back gorilla they just got in from Birmingham, AL. I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of it, I am just kicking myself now. It was it's first day out for observation so they had it in one of their indoor habitats. It was really breath taking, and an awesome site to see. It stood right next to the window and I believe it stood taller than me. It was amazing to see such a creature so up close, usually the animals are outside and far away. It was so close, it made it fun to really watch and observe everything from is height, to the size of his hands, and just the obvious power behind this animal. Can I say WOW! We then took the kids to see the bird show, they all loved the talking parrot. The monkeys were also fun to watch as well they were very active and jumping everywhere. I thought is was so cute to see one of the monkeys had a stuff animal baby monkey he was carrying around. We then had a great picnic lunch and walked around to see the giraffes.Caleb's most favorite part of this whole trip was riding the carousel. He pick out what he wanted to ride and didn't understand that when the ride was over we had to get off and say good by to the lion. He had a death grip on the thing, he finally let go and we moved on to the next thing. Kate love riding the giraffe, she was all smiles. I like that the cost of the ride was to help fun improvments for the zoo, that was nice. The kids did great and really seem to enjoy themselves. We posed for some pics by the animal statues, the kids had a blast climbing all over them. It was great because by the time we were done the kids where ready to take a nap on the way home, what a peaceful ride home.
The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Friday, June 25, 2010
Trip to the Zoo
Last week I got the chance to go to the Zoo with my sisters, mom and the kids, we all had a great time. The weather was perfect, it wasn't that hot heat that I am so use to. It was very pleasant, which made our visit even more enjoyable. At the Hoogle Zoo they had a new baby elephant, it was so cute! The kids really loved watching the baby elephant get water with her trunk to drink and splash herself. I really enjoyed seeing the new silver back gorilla they just got in from Birmingham, AL. I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of it, I am just kicking myself now. It was it's first day out for observation so they had it in one of their indoor habitats. It was really breath taking, and an awesome site to see. It stood right next to the window and I believe it stood taller than me. It was amazing to see such a creature so up close, usually the animals are outside and far away. It was so close, it made it fun to really watch and observe everything from is height, to the size of his hands, and just the obvious power behind this animal. Can I say WOW! We then took the kids to see the bird show, they all loved the talking parrot. The monkeys were also fun to watch as well they were very active and jumping everywhere. I thought is was so cute to see one of the monkeys had a stuff animal baby monkey he was carrying around. We then had a great picnic lunch and walked around to see the giraffes.Caleb's most favorite part of this whole trip was riding the carousel. He pick out what he wanted to ride and didn't understand that when the ride was over we had to get off and say good by to the lion. He had a death grip on the thing, he finally let go and we moved on to the next thing. Kate love riding the giraffe, she was all smiles. I like that the cost of the ride was to help fun improvments for the zoo, that was nice. The kids did great and really seem to enjoy themselves. We posed for some pics by the animal statues, the kids had a blast climbing all over them. It was great because by the time we were done the kids where ready to take a nap on the way home, what a peaceful ride home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment