The past is behind us.The Future is ahead of us,prepare for it.The present is here, LIVE it. -Thomas S. Monson
3 blessings
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Wizard of Oz
On July 16th, Kate and I went to go see the Wizard of Oz at the local Alpine community theater. It was fantastic. We also had the chance to go with my two sisters and my niece Julia. It was so nice to be able to take Kate to see this play. We just happen to have ruby red slippers and a like colored blue dress so we decided together it would be fun to dress up like Dorthy and go to the Play. I took some picture outside before the show. Kate has never been to a play before, she kept thinking we were going see it on the movie screen and well lets just say I had to let her see for herself for her to understand. We got great seats, we ended up taking Kate's booster seat from the car which made it easier to see over the adults heads. Kate has only seen the movie at home maybe once or twice. She continually leaned over and said mommy the scare crow needs a brain etc. telling me what was going to come next. She was so into watching the play, her eyes never looked away from that stage once, until it was intermission time. Usually it hard to get her to want to sit still and watch something, I wasn't sure how this whole play atmosphere was going to go. Kate did great she loved it, see was even singing along to all of the songs. The best part for her was being able to pet Toto the dog and meet all the characters in the play afterward. It seem like she had this magical wonder in her eyes, she was so excited to meet all the characters, excepted the wicked wick. Kate said I don't like the bad wick. I told her no one likes her it's fine. I hadn't been to a play in a while myself, I miss going to see plays, I really enjoy going to these kinds of events. I don't get the opportunity to go much with little ones around and other reasons too. It was great to go and enjoy some one on one with my oldest. I miss those days sometimes. After we met the characters and got in the car, Kate asked me where is Kansas, is is far, and can we go visit Dorthy there someday. She couldn't stop talking about Dorthy and all the Characters and what they all needed. Heart, Brain, Courage, a Home, you know. Kate is still watching Oz during quiet time each day, it's been a couple of weeks now. Good Times, and Great Memories. I need to do this more often, it was a great time had by all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment