




On July 25th, Kate turned 5 years old. Kate has sure grown up to be a beautiful, smart, talented little girl. She had a wonderful time celebrating her Birthday this year. Kate is really into all thing Horses, so naturally we had a horse themed party. We first went up to Jerry's family to celebrate the first part of her Birthday. We all went to Jungle Jim's, the Kids and I had a blast. I am so glad Jerry's family had the idea of going to this place, it was so much fun. The best part was it was all inside where it was nice and cool. It's a bunch of little kid rides all together in one place. Kate loved riding all the rides with her cousins, especially Kiya. The two are the same age, only about 20 days apart. Caleb loved riding all the rides with Papa, he was so excited to ride the rides, he loved the little train the best. Jane, well as usual hung out with mom, not quite big enough to do anything yet. After Jungle Jim's we went to Grandpa and Grandma's house for pizza, cake and presents. Oh side note, before the party Caleb thought it would be nice to take the horses of the cake and play with them, and have a little taste test. Let's just say I was just a little furious with him. I ended up putting all the candles in the missing frosting area. Oh well things happen I guess. Later on when we had Kate's other cake, Poppy his other Grandpa was teasing Caleb, pretending to try and eat the cake and Caleb yells...NO NO POPPY, I guess he realized what he had done wrong earlier and was trying to stop Poppy from getting into the same kind of trouble.
Kate had a great time opening all the wonderful presents up at Jerry's parents home, she loved the attention so much she started opening her presents so slow. So then Papa told her that he would give her a dollar to rip open the presents as fast as she could. She is a smart girl and took him up on his offer. Then the present opening resumes at normal speed after that. Thank you Papa, we would have been there all day.
 |
| Kate loves Cards |
 |
| Kate carries this everywhere with her, she loves it! |
 |
| Kate's Birthday Cake, tried to cover up Caleb's taste testing, so unsuccessful! |
On Sunday we celebrated the second part of Kate's birthday with my side of the family. I unfortunately came down with the stomach flu the day before so we weren't able to do the activity part until Monday, and my family had to help me get the Cake and decorations up, so frustrating. I got this same thing the day of Jane's baby blessing, I don't mind taking my turn being sick I just wish it wouldn't be around a special occasion for me. I am glad is only lasted a day and then it was over, I caught it from Kate she had it a few days before me. I am glad my family helped me out. I was just sad I wasn't able to do more, it is one of my favorite times to reminisce about my children and think of the last year and how they have grown. This year all I could think of was trying to feel better. The cake turned out to look great but not taste so great. I guess we got a little spoiled growing up with my mom's frosting recipe, so when we used the can frosting from the store it just wasn't that big of a hit. We thought brown fur, chocolate frosting, it looked good, just to rich to eat. It was fun trying to make a horse Cake, we just took the Dog cake my mom would make for us as kids and just revamped it to look like a horse. We had everyone come over, Aunts, Uncles and Kate's one Cousin so far, Julia! (One little boy on the way, finally some more boys!) Everyone got a cowboy hat and party blower. She had a huge sparkler candle in the shape of a 5 on her Cake, she kept trying to blow it out, too funny. Kate had a blast opening all her presents. She especially loved opening her Leapster from her Dad and Mom, that was her big presents this year. She was so excited and thankful for everything she received, right down to each card she opened. After the presents we went outside to enjoy the hot fresh air, nice huh. The kids played with all of Kate's new toys while the adults played a crazy game of bacci ball. It was a great day. On Monday we went to Kate's favorite restaurant IHOP, yep that's right International House of Pancakes, she loves to eat there and asked to go all the time. Then we went to see Toy Story 3 again, with her brother, cousin Julia and Grandma. Everything was fantastic. I am so excited for this little girl, 5 is great number, We love you Kate Lynne Rasmussen and we wish you a very Happy Birthday we love you Mom, Dad, Caleb, and Jane!







 |
| Kate's reaction to her cake |
 |
| Giddy up Cowgirls!! |
 |
| Julia |
 |
| Kate loving her Jessie Doll |
 |
| I just love that smile |
 |
| Kate and her Leapster Her big gift this year! |
 |
| Eating at IHOP |
 |
| Sweet Jane at IHOP |
No comments:
Post a Comment