Two weeks ago we Celebrated Alpine Days. I haven't been to Alpine Days in years. It took me back to simpler times, that is for sure. It was really great to have my Kids enjoy the festivities for the 1st time. Alpine Days is a very small town Celebration, with a simple parade, talent show, and movies in the park. It's always been rather quaint, and I think Alpine City tries very hard to keep it that way. I can testify to that fact because it's been over 7 years since I have been able to attend and it still remains about the same. It's nice, I remember going as a teenager and loved going to the lip sync concert, now a talent show, and the Saturday morning activities. In high school I was in the parade playing in the Drum line for the Marching Band. Good memories for the most part, minus the over 95 degrees and having to wear a polyester hot band uniform. That's another story all together.
The kids had a great time at the parade, you know it's a small town when most of the entries are from Ward primaries in the area. My niece Julia is a parade pro when it comes to collecting all the candy they throw. She leaves no candy behind, she really gets into collecting candy. She showed my kids how it is done. The kids ended up with two huge Costco bags full. Nice advertising for Costco I might mention, clever, hand out bags to kids that need something to collect their candy. The parade was filled with bands, floats and horses. Oh and lots of CHEER Leaders, Kate couldn't take her eyes off of them, she said mom I love the cheerleaders, oh no is all I can say, we might be in trouble, maybe it's just a phase.
After the parade they had all kinds of food booths, and jump houses for the kids to have fun on. They had a main street park filled with jump houses, it was a little crazy, but they did have a section for kids 5 and under that wasn't so crowded. We stay in that area and had some food for lunch on the park lawn and then headed home.
Later that evening we sat on my parents side yard and watch the fireworks go off in the park across the way. My parents live right off the gully so we had a prime spot to watch the fireworks without having to deal with the massive crown at the park. The fireworks were literally right in their backyard. It was interesting what my sister and mom said, that once you seen the Alpine days fireworks it means it the end of summer. It's the last summer fun to happen before the school year starts and all the summer vacations have ended. It's true you get a sense of the summer ending. I have to say it's a nice way to end the summer if you ask me. So Alpine day, was a fun and we all had a very enjoyable time.
No comments:
Post a Comment