 |
| Kate on her first day of Kindergarten |
The day has finally arrived. Kate had her first day this past Wednesday, September 1, 2010. Kate has been so excited for this day to come, she has been talking about for two week straight. Kate actually slept in a little later than she normally does, I think she had a hard time sleeping. She was like a typical kid the night before Christmas. She was so excited she had a hard time sleeping. She woke up and had breakfast and didn't eat much due to her excitement. She loved picking out her outfit to wear the first day of School, she picked a blue jean dress with a red ribbon for a belt, she look so cute. She got dressed right after she eat and said come on mom we are going to be late for the bus, we actually had about an hour before the bus actually arrived. It was nice, it gave me time to gets some really great first day of school pictures. It was hard to find a good spot with the sun rising over the mountains in the east, I eventually found a good spot and got some good ones. I asked Kate what was going to be the best part and what was she was the most excited about she said Everything, especially the bus. I had my Dad watch the two little ones while I took Kate down to the bus stop so I could fully document the trip with pictures. I was so excited for Kate and so relieved that she wasn't nervous a bit. I think I was more nervous for her. The excitement I had was intermixed with feelings of sadness. My baby girl was growing up and going to school, were oh were did the time go. As I walked her down the street holding her hand, I found myself not wanting to let go, but new it was time and she was ready. I think her excitement made it a lot easier on me as a mom. Kate was her talkative self, one comment made me laugh though. She said, "Mom it's going to be a long time til I get to high school, huh mommy." I said your right; Why don't we focus on just getting threw are first day of Kindergarten alright, she said "Ok we can do that." The girl is already thinking about high school, wow to funny for words. She was so worried about not walking fast enough to get to the bus, like we were going to miss it. We were so early it was embarrassing, I miss judged the walk to the bus stop and gave ourselves to much time. It was fine, I just took more pictures. The bus soon arrived, earlier we practiced, that as soon as she stepped on the first step on the bus to turn around and smile so I could get a picture of her on the bus for the first time. The bus driver was great, he let me get a picture of her no problem. I told Kate to have fun and I love you, she quickly got on the bus found a seat near the front and sat in her seat and waved good bye to me with the biggest grin ever. What a big day for her. I sadly walked my way back to the house, worried and nervous for her, but happy at the same time. Strange to feel all of that at the same time. I guess Bitter Sweet would be a good way to put how I was feeling. I have to admit I cried a few tears, but quickly got back to the other two waiting for me at the house.
 |
| First day of School out fit, it was a little chilly out so she put on her Jacket after that |
 |
| So excited can't wait to get on the bus |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| Showing off her new packback |

I have decided to start a new tradition, most moms would make a big first day of school breakfast, but I have decided to for go that, because my kids get to excited and don't eat it anyways. I have instead decided to make their favorite cookies while they are gone and have them ready to eat as a special treat. So Caleb and I while Kate was gone made cookies. It was a great to have a little time one on one with Caleb, that is rare due to him being the middle child. He really enjoyed putting the oil and water in and especially stirring, he couldn't get enough of that. Caleb would say my turn, I do, I do. He also had a great time taste testing the cookies before Kate got to try them, as Caleb would say I WWAANNT TA COOOKIE all dragged out and slurred together. I didn't realize how much Caleb played with Kate ,and how much Kate kept him busy while I attended to Jane. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, Kate keeps me very busy. I found myself missing our usually mornings on the couch all together watching Curious George. I am going to miss having all three kids in the morning. Most moms would be ecstatic to have one less, but I love having all of them around, it keeps me busy. I looked at the clock and realized it was time to go get Kate at the bus stop, time went by farely quickly. I just wasn't prepared for the bus to be 40 mins late, yep you read it right 40 min. I was getting really worried for a while their. I guess the bus driver said they had trouble getting organized with what student went on what bus. I was just glad Kate was on the right bus. She got off the bus so excited, but a little tired,the excitement wore her out I think. I asked her what was the best part she said Everything! She had a really go day she said, she made two new friends already, Rose and Sara. As we walked home I told Kate I had a surprise for her at home that Caleb helped me make, she practically ran home after that. Kate loved her cookies, she screamed with excitement as she saw what was on the counter. So that was pretty much the summary of what Kate's first day was like, from what I saw and hear. I am so proud of you Kate, you are growing up to be such a wonderful young girl. We love you very much and are so glad your first day of school went so well and that you loved it. What a day in the books to remember, a new first for Kate and a never go back moment for me. Happy first day of Kindergarten KATE!!









3 comments:
My nephews both just started kindergarten and Kate seems so much older than them! I suppose that's just women in general for you (golly we just mature so much faster). I miss talking with you guys... call or email me. penny0183@gmail.com or 334-477-6511
No. Way. I can't believe Kate is old enough for kindergarten! What a great milestone. I'm sure she will absolutely adore school.
WOW, what a big girl!!!
Post a Comment