3 blessings

3 blessings

Friday, May 2, 2008

No public restrooms

Today I found myself frustrated and upset with something so simple. Most of you know we have been potty training Kate for what seems like forever. Kate is really doing well with #1, pee-pee, what ever term you are comfortable with, she goes all day by herself with no accidents. On the other hand the girl will not Poop/#2/ have a BM (Bowel Movement) on the toilet. She always runs to her room after the deed has been done and tries to clean it up here self, which you can imagine is a lot more work for me. She knows what she is doing and has all the mechanics down but won't go. People say some children have a hard time with this concept. We were hoping to maybe have a week free of diapers before our son cames, but I don't for see that happening.
Any ways now that you have the background of what I am dealing with back to what I was so frustrated about today. We have been taking Kate out in public without a diaper on for sometime now, she has been really good at telling us when she has to go. We were out paying bills today and she mention she had to go. Well we asked two people in two different locations if they had a restroom Kate could use because we are potty training her. They both said we don't have a public restroom, we said is there any way our daughter could use your private bathroom so she won't have an accident. The one lady was going to, but her supervisor told her no. I just could believe they would let us use the restroom, they would rather a little girl have an accident in there office then let her go. I understand the reason that there isn't a public restroom for the general public to use but isn't this an exception. The lady told us if we let you use it we have to let everyone else and we just can't do that. I guess I am frustrated with people not just trying to help another person out and just being nice. I just don't understand. I'm probably just overreacting, blame it on the pregnancy hormones I guess. In the end we quickly made our way to the city court house, knowing they have to have a public restroom right, and got Kate to the bathroom with no problems, just a little bit of frustration.

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. But check the local laws. In Dothan it's a recent law (w/in 5 yrs) that every business MUST have a public restroom. Where I worked ours was the restroom we used and in the back of the business where the safe was, but we HAD to let them use it. Something to check out. =]

Nilla said...

I agree with you, Kristy. There's no reason they couldn't let her use the restroom. That's ridiculous.

the happy thomas family said...

that is ridiculous...