3 blessings

3 blessings

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Post Baby Clothing Blues


Here in Alabama it's pretty much tee-shirts and shorts kind of weather all year round except for about maybe 3 months out of the year (if your lucky). I have just had a baby two months ago and my clothes from before I had my baby are just plan worn out from wearing them so much. Also having to wash them so often because of the Humidity and just stepping outside and sweating. I don't sweat that much, but if anyone stood in this heat down here for very long it just drips right off of you. Needless to say I'm in desperate need of a new clothes. There is a point to why I'm bring this up, here's the dilemma I'm having; Do I wait a few more months to take some of the baby weight off or just get some new clothes now? My clothes are looking really terrible right about now. Hey I just had another option, do I buy some transitional items to get by? Oh and another thing I also have to get is the dreaded Swimsuit we all love to hate. I don't know something about me in a swim suit after two kids, doesn't sound so great. I just don't have that 20 year old body anymore. What to do, What to do? I go swimming with Kate a lot in our pool here at the apartment. We also have swimming/play date every Friday here, so I want to wear something nice. Jerry has been really great, he said that when I wanted to go shopping I could get a new wardrobe, it's his thank you gift for having to be pregnant for so long, and to make me feel better. It was great after I had Kate, it was so nice to get some new clothes. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do. I guess I'm having post baby clothing blues, if there is such a thing. Sorry this post is so weird, it just something that's been on my mind.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

I'd get some "in-between" clothes. Go to a thrift store or something so they are cheap. I've found a lot of nice stuff in thrift stores here for really low prices. And since you won't wear them much, then you can save them for after your next baby (if you plan to have any more). Anyway, that's just my input :).