3 blessings

3 blessings

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stories that Take you down Memory Lane




Last night I was reading Kate her usually bedtime story and some how maybe because we moved she found a book I didn't know we had. Kate asked me to read leo the Lop, from the Serendipity books series. Ok all you 80's kids out there, do you remember those cute paperback books you would order from the school book order clubs. I use to love them as a kid, the best part that I didn't realize as a kid ,but as an adult they have a great lesson or moral to the story at the end of each book. The book I had was published in 1979 so I was wondering if they still printed these wonderful books, so I search on line. Sure enough they pretty much sell the whole series on amazon.com, I was thrilled and ordered my top favorite ones. I wanted all of them, but there are so many of them I think I would have boken the bank if i ordered everyone of them. So I am so excited about my find. I just wanted to share it with you all. So did any of you out there read these books when you where a kid?

3 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

OH MY GAWSH!!!! Yes. I totally remember these books. I loved unicorns at the time so you can imagine what book I read. I didn't realize that there were so many of them. What a great find.

Angie said...

I totally read those, or at least remember daydreaming about extremely magical things as I stroked the covers at school book fairs.

Anna said...

I loved these books as a kid...we have Leo the Lop (which I totally remember reading with my mom & the moral it teaches) (I found it at a yard sale) I completely forgot about flutterby, and I am sure there were others that I read. I love when things take me back to when I was a kid- I am totally nostalgic :)