I wanted to show you my newest creations. I had a great time making these hand print frames for each of the kids. They were really simple to make and the most expensive part was the frame, and I ended up getting a deal on that anyways. It was 40% off at Michael's and an additional 25% coupon in the paper. I wanted to have the kids hand prints and I have been really frustrated with the plaster molds. I did one for Kate and Caleb and they both broke and I was so upset. I needed to find something that would be less likely to break, but still capture their little hands. So I traced Kate's hand on card stock and used that as my pattern to trace on to my fabric of choice. I then when on my computer and printed out the Kids name in a font that I like and made sure to make it big enough for the frames. I trace the letters onto the fabric then cut them out. I also tried to find a little accent object to add to the names, like flowers for Kate, fireflies for Jane and Cars for Caleb. I used fabric glue for the whole project, I ended up gluing a fabric pannel on the back of the frame. As I was making these, I had the idea to add a picture of each child, so you can see what they looked like at the time I made the hand prints. So now I have a picture and their hand print together. I tried to use picture I had take within the week to get a true idea of what they looked like when I did this project, that was important to me. I think they turned out pretty good. It was so nice to have a creative outlet this week something to keep my hands busy and my mind thinking about other things besides house work and Kids. This craft was good for me, sometimes I get discouraged when I try to do something to complicated or over my skill level, but this ended up being fun not frustrating. Oh just a little suggestion for the two smaller children, it was a little more work to get their hand prints. I actually stamped their hands with ink and then traced very closely to the ink and then used that to make my fabric hands. Caleb would let me trace 3 fingers and then move, so I had to get creative about getting his, it ended up working out great. I used a shadow box frame so I could put the accent items on or in case I wanted to add something to the frame. It was a fun little project, just thought I would share my newest creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment